Can't Open or Delete Piston

My piston is broken and I can’t open it, can’t delete it, can’t do anything. Every time I try to open it I get a generic message of:

“Sorry, an error occurred while retrieving the piston data.”

Going into the Logs in Hubitat I’m seeing this error return over and over again:

"java.lang.StackOverflowError: null on line 14287 (method curPState)

I’m trying to migrate to my new Hubitat C-8 Pro and it’s breaking the webCoRE migration right when it gets to that piston. So I really want it deleted.

*Note: I did go into the webCoRE app directly in Hubitat and removed the Piston from there. But it’s still trying to migrate it to the new webCoRE instance and breaking it every time.

Has anyone encountered this before or is anyone able to shed some light on that error?

Thanks so much!

Not sure if this is the correct answer, but I had this happen recently. But I was not migrating to a new hub. I tried all kinds of things to get rid of a piston that was causing your same error. Ultimately, I had to go into webcore settings and clear all three…

. Then I logged out of webcore and registered a new browser. That took care of it.

Thanks so much @Pantheon! Sounds like you are having the same exact issue so this is promising :pray:.

But where did you see those settings? I’m not seeing those anywhere in the webCoRE app in Hubitat…? Mind pointing me to where I can find them?

Screenshot%202024-08-24%20at%2015-55-38%20Apps

Thank you so much! I actually don’t have those settings :thinking:. Very strange! They just aren’t there. I did uninstall and reinstall the webCoRE app in my Hubitat just to see if I needed the most up to date version or something and that process resolved my issue. So we’re good to go :+1:. Thank you again for your help!

I don’t have them either. Maybe they’re only available in the built-in version of WebCoRE. My WebCoRE is installed via HPM.

What do you mean “built-in”? I thought the only way to get webCoRE was to install it via HPM…?

Hubitat now includes WebCoRE in Apps->Add built-in app. I think this has been the case for over a year now.

Super helpful, thanks so much @kvng!