Can't pass a variable to a device

I want to pass a variable’s value to a device

The Device will be updated with the current value of the variable

What’s not happening is that when I try to Set Temperature of the device webcore does not display the intended variable (PressureTrend) in this piston, only NewPressure and Old Pressure which are NOT what I want to populate the PressureTrend variable

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I’m guessing the device is not accepting the value you’re passing because it’s expecting a decimal or a number.

So how do I get that to be the text I want?

The virtual device driver needs to be modified to accept the string value and I have no clue how to do that :grin:

full logs may help understand what is going on.

What kind of virtual device is “BaramterDown” or “BarometerTrend” within Hubitat? You can’t just use the webCoRe command of “setVariable” and get the variable to be set that way within Hubitat. You need to use one of the devices native commands from the driver within Hubitat. When you pull up the device within webCoRE, you should get a list of the available commands for the device and once selected it will show you what parameters are accepted. You also may get some emulated command from within webCoRE depending on the capabilities that are defined for the device. For example, you’ll have a toggle command for a switch, even if the driver doesn’t have one.

Anything below the divider that says “Location Commands (non-device)” are exactly that. Commands to make changes within webCoRE.