Check $device's contact status but always showing any of in the front

1) Give a description of the problem
I have a loop for a collection list of devices. In the loop, I want to check $device’s contact status. I saw examples people made but got no idea how could I do the same. I tried [$device : contact] is “open” and it seems not working. I tried to use {$device}'s conact…, but always have “any of” in front of it.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
If I compare [$device : contact] to a real contact’s status, it works. I want to actually do {$device}'s contact is open. Currently it’s showing any of {$device}'s contact is open. I guess it should work but just don’t know why I can’t remove any of in the front.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Should have statement as {$device}'s contact is open not any of {$device}'s contact is open.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!58%20AM

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Tried If any of {[$device:contact]}'s contact is open ?

If I remember correctly, whether you saw any of / all of depended on where you looked.

Regardless of that I don’t see a problem with any of being displayed. $device may be a system variable but it is still a device variable and device variables can contain multiple devices. The UI doesn’t know what the contents will be at runtime.