Cold Weather Alert for Tomorrow

I produced this piston so that I would be notified the night before when tomorrows forecasted weather has a low of 5°C or under.

Essentially, this is to let me know to get up that little bit earlier to de-ice the car! Hope it helps somebody!

After a few changes, the above should now work!

remove the $args. from the first if condition.

https://wiki.webcore.co/Weather#Low

By changing that to a ‘Value’ though it doesn’t then give me the option of setting a ‘less than or equals to’.

EDIT: Hang on got it… needed to set it to be an Expression. Still getting the hang of things! Updated the original post with the new version.

I like this piston but if I left it at 5c and below it would alert everyday from october to april

lol

Yeah I know what you mean. To be honest I can see myself having to improve this over time depending on what condition my car is in when I wake up!

For example, I don’t think temperature will be enough. It could be 0°c but raining - so my car won’t be frosted up.

I might have to check the weather conditions as well as temperature e.g. Clear / Scattered Clouds / Snow / Hail etc… AND below 5°c.

Also relative humidity to some degree. I live in very dry mountain weather so Frost is not quite that common (also dew isn’t for the same reason)

But sometimes if RH is above a certain number, we’ll Frost up. That could be useful!

Or if there’s snowfall of any number that’d be useful as well, shoveling/brushing snow takes as long as scraping!

Just to update this - this is what my piston currently looks like:

Seems to be a lot more accurate.

I made this, it sends me a text half an hour before I need to leave for work to tell me if the temperature is below 3.
Otherwise I go out at the normal time and panic!

i used your piston and was working well until i noticed i was not getting alerts and i just thought there was no cold weather coming until last week that i was sure we had a cold weather disturbance.

i just checked today whats going on and this is was what i found on my LIVE LOG.

6:35:36 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘alerts’ on null object

I’m afraid I can’t help with that - mine has been working flawlessly since my most recent update. Perhaps it’s an issue somewhere in your own setup - or perhaps the weather feed was down when it tried checking?

I’m sure somebody far cleverer than me will be able to help.

Alerts,are for a special weather alert, ie frost warning.], tornado warning winter weather advisory etc. that is why it was null

we had a snow storm in Michigan with 10 inches of snow.