Conditions and Triggers: The difference?

difference
faq
conditions
triggers

Ok let me try and if the light is power but off would that count as being under 10%

I don’t know as I don’t have this type of bulb. I think off would be 0% but you can change the condition to switch is off or whatever accomplishes your desired outcome.

Ok I been messing around with it last few days will try what u said. Another quick question I don’t really have a switch for it I control it with a button. It more like a toggle. So when it says switch is off does it mean the device is off? Or the smart switch that controls it is off?

I used the switch status and it worked thanks for Ur help

There are three answers to this question:

(1) IF your light is on at (let’s say) 50%, and then you send a command to “Set level to 0%”, then the answer is “No”. The bulb will be off, but the bulb will still show 50%.

(2) IF your light is on at 50%, and then you send a command to “Turn off”, then the answer is still “No”. The bulb will be off, but the bulb will still show 50%.

(3) IF your light is on at somewhere between 1 and 9%, then the answer is “Yes”…
(Regardless if the bulb is on or off)

That’s great, JAA2666. But your PM left us all in the dark. Why was the ANY and ALL logic not working at first, and what did c1arkbar tell you that got it to work?

I’m so sorry man. This was a couple years ago and I’m no longer using the piston. To tell you the truth I don’t even remember what it was used for

I want to monitor an outlet of a PC. If the PC draws less than 100w for 3-5 min it means it’s idle and I want to turn it off.
Would I best monitor this with just a trigger, just a condition or a combination of trigger and a condition?