Controlling an Insignia Fire TV from webCore

1) Give a description of the problem
Here is the scenario. I have a home theater. When you open the door to the theater and there isn’t a harmony hub scene active it triggers a webCore piston for entering the room to turn on all the lights, set them to blue, etc. What I would like to do is be able to turn on an Insignia Fire TV on the wall that is used to show movie posters in a rotation. I have a Harmony Hub in the room, but unfortunately I can’t use a scene with the harmony hub to do this as it would get turned back off when I start a different harmony hub scene… Long story short, I am hoping that the Fire TV has a rest API that I could hit from webCore. Has anyone tried anything like this?

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Trigger a piston to turn an Insignia Fire TV on and off.

3) What is happening/not happening?
No idea if there is a rest API for Fire TV and how to use it.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

To my knowledge there is not a API for Fire TV control. The only options I’ve heard are to use an IR blaster like Harmony or SwitchBot.

I dont have a switchbot but you can read about switchbot here:

The only way to control individual devices via Harmony is to use a advanced community created integration

One avenue I have explored using the standard Harmony/ST Integration:

1. Create a Activity that only includes the peripheral device (Fire TV).
  2. Add the peripheral device to all other Activities in which it should remain on.
  3. Create a automation to activate only the peripheral activity when entering the room.
  4. If you decide to activate a scene for your entertainment center it would not affect the peripheral device unless you select an activity in which you did not add the peripheral in step 2 above.
  5. The tricky part is turning off the system, if you use All OFF then the peripheral activity would turn off as well. If you want the peripheral device to remain on, you would have to go from entertainment activity back to peripheral activity.

Awesome, thank you very much for all this!