Creating a piston with a presence

1) Give a description of the problem
Looking to creat a new piston to do the following

When a member of the family arrives at home, unlock the door and set ST to Home

I have one set up now but it seems to work when I arrive and when I leave. Just need to to work when I arrive.

2) What is the expected behavior?
To work only when a family member arrives

3) What is happening/not happening?
The pistin works when we arrive and when we leave

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE BETWEEN THE MARKS THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS SND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

If I understand your need correctly,
Changing presence sensor to present is the way to go…

IF xperson presence sensor CHANGES TO present (trigger)
Do this do that open the door etc.

In this case if person X leaves,
it will be CHANGES TO INACTIVE but since that trigger is not in your piston, the house/webcore piston won’t do anything.

If you share a piston picture I can try to help more accurately.

Ps : I know your are not asking if you should or should not do this but from my own experince I have to share this, I wouldn’t mess with my locks by using presence sensor… I was using that but several times even when I was passing by the house (going from one shop to another lets say, the house opened the doors and the garage door LOL. But if your house is in a large land, that would be a different story. Mine is in 1.2 acres and yet still my phone registered PRESENT if I am passing by the main road. Any way I don’t mean to interfere with your smart house and daring to tell you what to do, just wanted to share.

Ya I live in a rural area so I’m not to worried about it being triggered at the wrong time.

So I’ve attached a screen shot of the current piston. Not sure if I’m doing it correctly.

Also is there a better present sensor that what I’m using. (Life360)

You are using IS PRESENT
that might cause some problems…
I read your description but can you please tell me one more time, exactly what you need?

My understanding is :
When someone from your family arrives,
a) You want ST home status to change
b) You want garage door to be unlocked
am i understanding it clearly?

IF SO, What IF some one is already home and another one arrives?? is this a concern??

Yes you are correct. I changed the “is” to “changes to”

So if any member of the family arrives at home

1. Change ST to Home
  2. Unlock Garage door
  3. Send Push notification

Still want this to happen even if it’s 3 pm and mom is home.

1. ST will change to home (even though it should already be in HOME)
  2. Unlock Garage door
  3. Send Push notification

Does Webcore have a present sensor? I’ve read there was an Android and iOS in beta but that was awhile ago.

I’m currently using Life360 which works most of the time.

With CHANGES TO what you want should be happening…
Let’s say Person A came home…

• The piston will be triggered.
  • ST home status will change
  • Garage door will be unlocked.
  • You will receive SMS

let’s say another person arrived 3 hours later when some one is already home.

• The piston again will be triggered.
  • ST home status will (not change just because it was changed but for any reason if it changed to something else, it will change again to what your piston tells it to change)
  • The garage door will be unlocked again…
  • You will receive another SMS

But when do you lock the garage door back??? (unless it’s manually locked by the person arrived)
As far as this piston concerned, it will not be locked back after first person arrived, park the car etc.
3 hours later it’s still UNLOCKED.

I have seen some presence sensors (as a seperate gadget) but I was using my iphone. I am not sure about if any that webcore is involved producing??

The door gets locked automatically in 3 mins. I have a smartapp in ST doing that.