[DEPRECIATED]....... Post Withdrawn By Author!

sure thing. does that mean unless @ady624 decides to include these presets for the new room occupancy DTH its not going to be useful? if so, just let me know and i will shelve it.

nice! thats why i didnt replicate the sleep functionality here because the wC presence sensor has it. but seems like there is a vacuum around DTH for room state so thought this would be worthwhile putting together.

it works. dont worry i wont put out a DTH with issues. :slight_smile:

this thing is almost done. but, engaged just doesnt sound right for a room the same way occupied and vacant does. :slight_smile:

is there another word that might more suitably represent this third state and still be meaningful in the context of a room?

ahh, thats where it comes from … engaged as in lock engaged. :slight_smile:

cant use color to distinguish. but, can have as many unique states as makes sense.

so, the following seem to make sense in the context of the room as a device:
occupied
vacant
reserved

looking for feedback on changing/adding to this.

the state name has to be unique, so can’t use occupied twice. could use occupied with special character as the state name I suppose.

but let me ask this … “occupied?” seems to suggest the room may or may not be occupied. maybe there is better single word other than “occupied?” for this state?

do these work?

thank you.

well i was trying to create rooms to just try out but every time i had to go to the IDE and then create new device etc etc. so i started working on this … code is done … will put it out after this is cleaned up a bit. sorry.

yes, makes creating and seeing what rooms you have already in one place much easier. no clicking around in the IDE to create a room. and my rooms were getting lost in the midst of 100 or so devices … this way i could see which rooms i have all in one place.

you are welcome.

so uh… what’s this new way with smartapps?

well, there is going to be a room occupancy DTH which treats the room as a device with state where it can have one of the 6 states below as in the linked post below.

there will also be a smartapp that lets you create and maintain a list of these rooms within the ST app without having to go to the ST IDE every time you add a room. you can choose to use or not use the smartapp, the room occupancy DTH will still work standalone like any other DTH does from the ST IDE.

i am not calling it the room or rooms DTH because ST already has the concept of room for device grouping purposes and i didnt want this confused in any way with the ST room concept.

its up to @Baz2473 discretion on using or not, this rooms occupancy DTH instead of using the alarm DTH that is currently used in his example pistons in this thread.

https://community.webcore.co/t/occupied-room-detection-useful-for-keeping-lights-on-if-a-room-is-occupied-motionless/505/72?u=bangali

awesome! Any idea on a beta?

coming in the next couple of days if i can stop myself from coding up something else every time i think i am done. :unamused:

Hahahahah

totally not funny. :smile: if i knew ST as well as wC probably go faster so learning along the way.

very nice keep up good work

i have a few other ideas on this but if i dont get this out i will keep tinkering. this is definitely BETA maybe even ALPHA, with that here goes:

install and self publish the DTH:

install and self publish the rooms manager app:

install and self publish the rooms child app:

go to my apps in ST app, install rooms manager app and create rooms. see possible states for rooms in this post:

add rooms to webcore under sensor devices and have fun. :smile:

please post bugs/comments here because i dont want to hijack this thread anymore than i already have:

EDIT: updated URLs and pictures.

Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

thank you. that was quick :smile:

also, please try out the away mode concept if you can and tell me what you think of it.

right. it gives you the option to select Away mode for your location. once selected if the location mode changes to the selected mode the room will be changed to ‘vacant’ state if it is in any other state.

something like that. for all i know some user could select Out and about as their away mode so didnt want to presume away is called away. but will put supporting multiple away modes on my to do list if i see requests for it.

correct. :slight_smile:

bangali,

Great job on the DTH/Smartapp and Baz2473 as well for the original idea and DTH. Suggestion for the Away mode, is there a way to support more than 1 away mode? I have both Away and Vacation for location modes and would like to use both location modes with the DTH…

Edit: Just noticed this was on your list already on the other thread that I didn’t see until now.