"<device> battery changes" triggers not firing

triggers

1) Give a description of the problem
I have a piston that is meant to track my battery-powered devices and tell me when any of them have a low battery. It is meant to be triggered by if (<device> battery changes) but the piston never fires. This used to work until several weeks ago.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
When a device’s battery changes charge level the piston should run.

3) What is happening/not happening?
The piston never runs.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
There are no regular logs because the piston is never triggered. All I have is this entry from a manual test:

8/4/2020, 10:36:29 AM +604ms
+0ms	╔Received event [Home].test = 1596562589604 with a delay of 1ms
+148ms	║RunTime Analysis CS > 19ms > PS > 69ms > PE > 59ms > CE
+151ms	║Runtime (47619 bytes) successfully initialized in 69ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (149ms)
+152ms	║╔Execution stage started
+234ms	║║Condition #2 evaluated false (78ms)
+235ms	║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (state did not change) (79ms)
+237ms	║╚Execution stage complete. (86ms)
+239ms	╚Event processed successfully (239ms)

A few observations:

(1) Pressing Test on this piston won’t do anything

(2) If a battery dies, then it cannot report a battery change, so it would take a different battery changing to trigger this piston.

(3) If you recently added any devices to your @global, then you will need to edit and save this piston for it to see the new devices.

(4) Also note that 12 hours may not be long enough for a device to report a battery change

pic

I used to have a couple of different battery monitors, one that displayed tiles and one similar to this one, that just stopped receiving battery updates one day. The update times went from 1-2 times a day to months. I tried switching to this newer piston because I liked the design better, and was hoping I’d start seeing events again. But it still hasn’t gotten anything after running for another 48 hours after its last update.

The upshot is that between this piston and my old ones I haven’t seen battery updates on most of my devices in months.

Just to clarify, have you added any devices to your @global?
(adding devices there will not update any pistons that have that for a trigger)

Also note, I have many devices where the battery dies at a reported 70-80%…
(so that could explain your devices going silent for a month)