2) What is the expected behaviour?
piston to run

3) What is happening/not happening?
as above

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE

)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I don’t think it works that way. A device going offline does not produce an event, because it is offline.

All the apps I have seen for this type of thing poll all the devices periodically. So I think that is what you will need to do.

I agree with @Terminal. Also be careful with case-sensitivity. I believe status is usually all upper case OFFLINE/ONLINE.

I use a every 30 minute block to check status and battery levels.

$status is a fake attribute. You can test what it is in a condition and you’ll get the result of device.getStatus() which is ACTIVE, INACTIVE, ONLINE, OFFLINE or HUB_DISCONNECTED (so it is what you see displayed for devices in the IDE). However a side effect of treating it as an attribute is that webCoRE will happily let you use it in other places attributes work, like in triggers, which won’t do anything.

Cheers guys for your help, makes sense

I am trying to write a piston to periodically (say every hour) poll all my devices to see whether they are up/online.

How do I poll a device in WebCore ? Is there a command for this ?

Walter