Dimmer Level Based On Mode Or Time

Below is what I imported, using your code. I just updated the switch to my switch.

I thought maybe the occupancy variable was causing the issue so I removed those parts and tried it again. This time I did not get the error message but when I turn off the lights manually with the dimmer switch at the wall, it goes back to full brightness.

Ah, ok. Stupid question - do you have another piston that populates the @Occupancy variable?

No, but I think I figured it out. I imported your gku2 piston, removed the ‘set piston tile’ code, and added the @Occupany global variable and set it to ‘2’ right now. I will test this again later tonight after 8pm to make sure there are no other issues.

Thanks for posting your pistons. I just started playing around in Webcore and it seems very powerful (like Tasker for ST). I’m going to try to figure out how your Dimmer variable is calculated and try to create my own version so the light brightness changes due to the lux outdoors instead of time of day.

Thanks again.

Yep, that should do it! Good find.

Glad to help! You’re spot on about webCoRE - very powerful system once you get into it! Making something with Lux vs. time was my original goal too, but I never found a sensor or systematic way of making it work the way I envisioned. Post up your progress if you get something going!

Cheers!

Hello, I need your help, first of all I really liked your piston, excellent, but I want to modify it to dim the lights in a longer time. For example, instead of 9 o’clock at night having a light with 15 % I wanted with 40%, but I’m not sure where to modify it to have this result

I believe you can change 15 to 40 twice on line 23: