Door contact open then close notifications. help!

1) Give a description of the problem
Need help with a contact open and check every 5 minutes and if still open send push noticiations, but want to end with a push notification once door is closed.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
contact door open/ refresh every 5 minutes sending an alert, and then a notification once the contact is closed.

3) What is happening/not happening?
can not get the part to send a push once the contact is closed.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

you forgot to add “and store in Messages” but still not sure that part will work :slight_smile:

Enable Advance Statements if you haven’t done so already while in Edit mode and then use While Loop or Repeat to keep checking the door contact.

I agree

See this note (specifically the contact stays example)

The true side of stays is a one time event. If you need repeating, it needs to be a while in true side of the if statement with stays

This is what I have now. can someone review?

Looking at it with tired eyes, I’d expect that when the freezer door opens you will get a notification saying it has closed. If it stays open you will get notifications after 1 and 6 minutes saying it is open. When it closes you’ll get a notification saying so.

The stays command doesn’t wait to see if the door stays open. It returns false immediately. That’s why it will say it is closed. It also sets a timer so if it stays open for a minute it will fire up and return true to the stays.

how about now

Try something like this one, adjust the times as necessary. It doesn’t notify when the door gets closed though.