Easiest way to set up echo randomly choosing a list of responses (have Echo Speaks)

1) Give a description of the problem
Want to randomize responses through Alexa that i have prewritten when an event happens. Not sure the easiest/best way to do this. I have Echo Speaks and while Response Designer is amazing with the amount of customizations it can do, I’d rather just build a set of 5 responses into my already built piston. Wasn’t sure if this was possible. I did see random() but tried that with my echo device as the speaker and it just reads literally “random and everything I’ve typed”

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Hi there,
You might want to check this out. Not exactly what you are looking for but a great example for playing random mp3’s… Maybe it’ll give you ideas.

Take a look at the following link:

This was copied/modified from someone else but has what you need with adding the random text to variable and then speaking it.

Something like this?

Appreciate the quick responses. Going to work through these and report back.

Think i got it with your help, so definitely appreciated. I did some testing on a test piston and ended up defining a string myMsg with expression = random(“x”,“y”,“z”), then have an action to speak myMsg. Trying this in a much larger piston tomorrow, but don’t see why it wouldn’t work.