Echo Speaks Repeats the first statement - No idea why

These logs clearly show the command being issued to each device once. Try taking one of the devices out of the piston and see what happens. Does ES require you to issue the command to each device or to a group of devices? I don’t think it’s a webcore issue.

I was noticing that too, that the request is only sent once to each device ever since the problem started. I even removed the variable and added each device to line 28 but was still coming up with the first statement being spoken twice.

@Mebejedi suggestion actually worked. She didnt repeat it after adding the ResetQueue command.

Thanks it worked!!!

That makes no sense.

Having both Echo Dots set up as a variable prevent me from seeing the full list of options I can use. I wasn’t able to see “ResetQueue” having them as a variable. Once I did that and just added them to the Then, with Line 28" that option appeared on the list.

Honestly, I wonder if there’s a better Announcement smartapp out there to use instead of EchoSpeak.

I have been biting my tongue on this thread… but since you asked…

This is the method that I use to make voice announcements, play sound effects, pass variables & control Alexa using webCoRE. It takes about 30 minutes to set up the first time, but from that point onwards, it is only a single character added to a piston.

20-30 mins? Come on man…that’s really not realistic for the average user.

Everyone in this forum started out as a beginner. Gotta learn some time. Besides, you only have to do it once.

That’s what I’m saying… It would take me longer than 20 mins and I’ve used all those apps before. LOL… That’s too LOW an estimate.

My walk thru focuses on step 6, (the tough step) which I can do in 12-15 minutes on a new device. The 20-30 minute estimate is fairly accurate for a newby. (if they follow the clear details in my walk thru) I guess if you count the time it takes to connect the speaker and go to the Google Play store to install the two apps you can add a few more minutes to that…

Just because I gave great detail in my walk thru, does not mean it is a complex process.

I will drop the 20 and simply say 30 minutes though if it makes you happy…

LOL… I was hoping someone would give an alternative to ES (Echo Speaks). I read that post about a week ago before finding ES. the reason I didn’t go with it was because I don’t have an Android device, we’re an iOS home. I think i have an old Galaxy S4 in my storage box but not sure if it still works. If I find it and get it to work, i’ll give it a shot…

Thanks!

So true! and I dont mind getting my hands dirty learning what WebCore can offer, WebCore wasnt difficult to install following the instructions on Wiki. It was the same for Echo Speaks, it’ll take time in the beginning but we’ll all get faster the more we do it.

We’ll reach @WCmore expertise level eventually :slight_smile: then we wont think 20min is too low of an estimate :smiley:

I can confirm first hand that that works beautifully with an old Samsung Galaxy S4. That’s what I use (without a SIM card) to speak all my verbal notifications.

As far as the other topic, I confess, I am an eternal optimist… My glass is always half full.

LMAO…I’m not going to touch that one. But why don’t you speak for yourself since you have no idea who I am and what I know or don’t know. Thanks.

Hi @Ryan780
Very innocent question:
You can answer very kindly or any way you like…

I’ve been almost reading all of your posts and responses, why so much anger? (passive aggressive kind anger)
And you use the same pattern all the time…

• you reply to a post …and your replies are very open ended. So naturally raises questions. People asks more…
  • you answer. Again open ended (meaning you just give a little) and even more curiousity raised…People asks more…
  • And you slam them with their lack of knowledge…

This platform is not only for heavy coders. Every level is welcomed as far as creators concerned. Very smart guys like yourself, hard working idiots like my self.

This is not an attack to your personality, since it’s very on going pattern I just got curious that’s all.

I’m not the one judging other people. Instead of attacking me for defending myself, why don’t you back me up and tell the person who’s making judgements about my intelligence to shut the hell up? Instead of judging me, why don’t you try and see it from my perspective?

I don’t knock anyone for their lack of knowledge. I would like you to quote one post where I do that. But I’m not going to just let things go either. I’m not that type of person. But if i’m not welcome here, I’m happy to stop posting. I don’t even use webCoRE anymore as I’m on hubitat now. I came here because I found it interesting. But if I’m not welcome, i’ll leave.

That is why I asked my truly innocent question, so that you can help me to see your perspective.
If my intention was not to understand you, I would have simply kept it to my self.
I am not the person to decide who stays who leaves. I doubt that my vote even matters. LOL
I seriously wished that you could see this perspective,“in this place, NOTHING can be PERSONAL even if other party wanted it to be. So just enjoy it.” because we are in Zeros and ones world. No body knows who is who.
I can be someone who lives in mama’s basement?
or
I can be very famous person who is DIY kind a guy wants do it by himself? instead of hiring a company.
how could you even take the word or words seriously. some one you don’t even know and you will - most likely - never meet.

anyway I am way out of line here and interfering with your business.
Hope to see lots of your expertise around here with joy… Because smart homes are not really a business for us … it’s just an expensive hobby LOL

For what it’s worth…

I think everyone’s voice should be heard… No one is ‘better’ than anyone else…

Some of us encounter a solution, yet only sees problems…
Some of us encounter a problem, yet only sees solutions…

I know where I fall on that spectrum, but the world really needs all sides…

Hi Ryan,
I’m sorry if I offended you with that statement, it wasn’t meant to be judgemental at all. I know that you definitely have more knowledge on Webcore over me. I only wrote it because it’s something we all do, we come here to learn more.
You’re absolutely right, I don’t know you or the knowledge you have. I guess the emoji faces didn’t show that it was a friendly sentence. My apologies for it escalating to this level.