ELSE IF / THEN - Unable to add new statements

1) Give a description of the problem
Unable to add new statement after ‘then’. I am only able to add one.

2) What is the expected behavior?
Excpected all 3 ‘else if’ ‘then’ statements to work properly.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Unable to choose ‘Action’. Nothing happen when I press the button. Unable to copy/paste, also duplicate and drag/drop doesn’t work.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
Not related to this problem AFAIK.

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Instead of using the else if blocks, use separate if blocks for each button pushed.

If
Button 1 is pushed
Then
With blah blah
Do
Blah blah
End do
End with
end if

Repeat for each button

Thanks jkp.

I’ll try that. Still thinks that using ‘else if’ should work.

Regards
Mads

You can use a select case statement if you have many IFs and want to really clean things up.

Hi

i just ran into the same thing. The odd part is that everything works fine if i make a new piston to test this. It is only happening in an existing piston and i cant figure out why. I will probably make just another if statement i guess and that should work, i was just curious if any of you knows the reason why it works in a new piston and not in the existing one. Also i am curious about the case statements as mentioned in the comments but a search will probably clarify that for me. :blush:

I am seeing the same issue. Wonder if there is a bug.

A new IF statement can be added anywhere you see:
+ add a new statement

If you do not see that, there is a chance your piston is corrupted.
Creating a new piston from scratch should resolve any corruption.

I just ran into the same issue. Once I have added an ‘else if’, I can’t create or paste anything in it. Worst, it seems to corrupt the piston. If I duplicate it, I duplicate the corruption. I tried with a brand new piston and corrupted it as well…
I temporary solved the issue by having multiple ‘if’ but I would rather have a ‘if-else if-else’.

Nesting works very well, if you are careful:

IF X is true
Then
    Do A (IF)
Else
    IF Y is true
    Then
        Do B (ELSE-IF... only Y is true)
    Else
        Do C (ELSE... both X & Y are false)
    END IF 
END IF

I’m seeing this issue too this morning. I found if I cancel the current changes and then discard the local copy it starts to work again. I guess once it gets its knickers in a twist you’re best off not saving it.