Email stopped sending

1) Give a description of the problem
I have several pistons that send an email, nothing has changed but they stopped sending an email. (I know there is a 50 per day limit). If I change the email address to a new gmail address it works, I have tried a few different addresses. If I put the old email address back, it doesn’t send. Is there an overall forever type limit regarding emails?

2) What is the expected behaviour?
That emails continue to be sent to a specific email address

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

@ipaterson

can you check?

Can you find any errors in the piston logs related to the emails? There was an issue sending emails last week but it was resolved, so this may be something new. I believe that all of the email limits are flushed on a regular basis but will check if anything is stuck.

also note aws had big problem today…

I just tested again, if I put in a different email address it works. I sent an email to the one in question and does receive it.

There are many email domains that SmartThings (in their infinite wisdom) has decided to block. :roll_eyes:

Is your “broken” email from a peculiar domain?

I realize that piston emails come from webcore.co (not SmartThings)… but that type of selective discrimination seems to catching on for some reason.

Yeah, I read about that, so I switched from Outlook to gmail. I sent the test to gmail, so 1 gmail works and the other stopped. Very odd.

Oh. One Gmail works, and one Gmail does not. Hmmm…

Maybe it is blacklisted?

Can you “fool” it by adding a period somewhere in your “broken” email and test again? IE:

[email protected]

This address above will send to:

[email protected]

Edit:

You can also try:

[email protected]

Which sends emails to the same address as above.

Edit 2:

[email protected]

Also sends to the same address.

How does one get blacklisted? Yikes! I tried changing the email. Sadly, no go. Now it appears even if I change the email address they are not working. I haven’t made any changes to the code?

Companies make bad decisions all the time… but it doesn’t mean that you personally did anything… (IE: many of my domains are blocked by ST)

I usually create a new piston to narrow this down. IE:

execute
   With location
      do Send email to [email protected]
   END WITH
END EXECUTE

After saving the piston, push Test, wait a minute, then check your email.
(we’re testing a single broken command without any logic attached to it)

If that test works, then it is likely the logic in your piston that needs to be reviewed…

I tested again, new emails work fine, I must have gotten it blacklisted, it was getting a lot of email, thanks for your help!