First Piston is generating errors I cant figure out even after looking at other topics

1) Give a description of the problem
I am new to WebCore. I am trying to write my first Piston and have encountered 2 issues. I have researched the errors and cant figure out what is causing this. I orginally wrote this as every October 1st, but result was the same.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
On October 1st of every year I want to turn on a virtual switch

3) What is happening/not happening?
I am getting 2 errors, 1) I am getting This piston does not subscribe to any events. Unless executed by other means, it will never run on its own. and 2) I am seeing a null pointer error every time I run.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
` 10/16/2019, 2:21:10 PM +192ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Vail].test = 1571257270189 with a delay of 3ms
+64ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 18ms > PS > 32ms > PE > 14ms > CE
+67ms ║Runtime (36597 bytes) successfully initialized in 32ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (64ms)
+68ms ║╔Execution stage started
+102ms ║║An error occurred while executing the event: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object
+105ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (38ms)
+106ms ╚Event processed successfully (106ms)

Double check line 17 again and be sure you have selected “day” as the second part of this line (despite what the snapshot you posted says).

Good call @bthrock. I just checked his piston and nothing was selected.

Thank you so much that was it… Somethimes you shouldn’t trust what you see on the screen!

Just as an FYI, since you’re new to webCoRE, the clue to the nature and location of the problem was where the log stated “Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object” immediately after “Execution started,” so it was clear something was missing (and therefore “null”) on Line 17.

That, and I’ve spent too many hours dealing with webCoRE’s occasional quirks. :crazy_face: