Garage door sensors and Ecobee

1) Give a description of the problem
Building a piston based on garage door sensors to control multiple ecobee lite thermostats. If any door sensors are open adjust the thermostats set point to a lower temp so the heat shuts off.
2) What is the expected behaviour?
If any of the 12 mulit purpose sensors reads open change thermostat to away (away is a lower set point so the heat doesn’t run while doors are open. )
3) What is happening/not happening?
I can’t figure out how to adjust the thermostat to away mode. I’m using ecobee link in ST.
**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
N/A

Hi there,
First off, use one trigger and followed by conditions…
this one explains is perfectly Conditions and Triggers: The difference?

Second off,
What are the options for your THERMOSTAT 1
This picture shows you where to find OPTIONS,
this is my IR signal sender for my AC.

I read the difference between condition and trigger but I’m not clear what I would use as a trigger in this case? I assume my multiple conditions would be the door sensor states? Maybe you could give me brief skeleton outline of code on what you had in mind?

Below are the screen shots from my device. I tried looking through all the options. My code sample does allow for changing the temp by manually inserting a value. Thank you very much !

That is what you need to use. You enter the value manually once and every time your piston is executed, the heater will go down to that level.

Your trigger can be one of the sensors CHANGES TO open
Lets say you have 8 (or more) windows and sensors on each one of them,

IF any of the sensors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 changes to open (trigger)
Then 
With
Thermostat
Do this do that

Thanks. One last question. If after a door was open but then later closed I want the setup to resume a reasonable temp. Should my else statement be used to set the temp back to normal? I’m assuming the piston still runs and sets the temp even if all doors are closed and nothing is triggering the piston?

Example
If bay 1 or bag 2 etc contact change to open
Then thermostat 1 2 and 3 set heat to X
Else
Set heat to Y

I would avoid using ELSE. Otherwise, (using your example), if either changes to close, the heat will be set.

I think you only want the heat to be set if all the sensors are closed…

That’s correct. Only want to set the heat up again if all doors are closed.

How would you suggest doing that? A conditional if - if bay 1 and bay 2 and bay 3 etc are closed then heat?

I’d probably re-structure the entire piston based on this logic:

IF all of bay 1, bay 2 & bay 3 are closed  (Conditions acting as triggers)
   Then Raise Heat
   ELSE Lower Heat
END IF

With this piston:

• If one or more sensors are open, the heat drops.
  • If all the sensors are closed, the heat rises

I know I suggested not using ELSE, but in this strict format, it would work.
(Note: If you add another condition, such as time, it will break the ELSE)