GE Dimmer Switch & Motion Trigger

1) Give a description of the problem
I’m attempting to have a motion activated light at low brightness after a certain time. Once the motion trigger de-activates, I want the switch behavior to be at 100% light value (or 99% in GE’s case).

If light switch is turned on during the motion activation, I want the lights to go to full brightness. If the light switch is turned off, it should turn the dimmed / motion activated lights off (and subsequently be full brightness when turned back on, manually).

2) What is the expected behavior?
Motion activates the lights to 1% (tested, it is the brightness we want for this situation) between set times. Light stays on for 10 min and then turns off.

ON switch press will activate lights to 99/100% during the motion event (and cancel the 10 min timer) or during all other times.
OFF switch press will turn lights off under all conditions

3) What is happening/not happening?
-Motion is working and turning lights on properly
-On switch turns lights to full value
-Off Switch turns lights off and then they IMMEDIATELY turn back on to full value. I can’t turn my lights off :frowning:

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

Appreciate any insite you guys can throw my way. I’m new to webcore and still trying to figure this stuff out… only have a few basic things going so far.

When you turn the light off, the first if becomes true and the light turns back on. I think.

Change the if, replacing is active with changes to active in this order:

if
motion changes to active
and
switch is off
and
time is between xxx

I’m new at this too, so I may be wrong…

In general I’ve found that relying on physical interaction with a switch to be unreliable. YMMV. So that’s something to consider…as this might cause the piston to loop back into itself if that is not interpreted correctly.

Some full logs would help detect exactly what is going on here though. Just turn on logging to full and go through all the steps you did in your testing. Then post the results.

Did you ever get this working the way you described? I am looking for this exact piston.

LJ