Good Morning Routine not firing - SOLVED

1) Give a description of the problem
My piston is not firing in the morning like I am expecting it to.

2) What is the expected behavior?
If between 5 am and 8 am on weekdays, if motion is detected in hallway, turn off SHM, change mode to home, turn off a couple of outlets and switches and then turn on some others. Then when motion is detected in family room, open virtual Alexa contact sensor to kick off an Alexa routine, and turn off and on some other lights. And then similar function for weekends.

3) What is happening/not happening?
The piston never seems to fire. I added some set piston states to help see where it might be broken, but I do not ever see it being changed.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston

**5) Attach any logs

Hi @olywrestle
a lot is happening in this piston LOL…
I will have a couple of suggestions…

1 - I always use triggers FIRST after that CONDITIONS
I would change places with line 24 and line 28
This by it self might be your main problem??

2 - In my experience if a piston does 4-5 things at the same time, ST Home hub, or any other stuff outside of Webcore might miss some of them…(Lines 34-35-36-37)
I would add WAIT 5 seconds between each or atleast between 35-36 (Don’t forget to add NEVER CANCEL - Task Cancellation Policy)

3 - I don’t know if your piston ever worked? But I would start writing the code but add one or two things at a time, test, add more, test, add more.

4 - Probably because I am not a coder, I prefer different IF statements instead of ELSE, IF ELSE stuff… I get confused:)))))

sorry wrote in a hurry, did not check the piston line by line… But since the whole thing is in ONE SINGLE IF statement… unless those conditions are not MET it probably is never firing,. try #1 first…

Thanks ike. This piston has never fired. Let me do #1 like you mention above. Then once I get it to fire, I can start implementing some of the other items you mention. I am not familiar with the NEVER CANCEL piece you mention above so will do some digging.

I am leaving now but in a couple of hours I can explain, it’s very simple…

Thanks, I found the description under the Location advanced settings for the NEVER CANCEL piece and have changed it.

SOLVED #1 above solved the execution, I actually changed it in conjunction with the NEVER CANCEL - Task Cancellation Policy and it is running fine now. Now just cleaning up and making some changes. Thank you for the help and direction.

You are so welcome,
I am glad it worked…
Have fun
Ike