Happy Halloween

The SMS is sent to an android tablet which then plays a spooky wav file via tasker and a bluetooth speaker. I want to get a motion sensor for the porch to trigger it on the night of Halloween.

You’re not going to be able to flash your lights that fast. ST isn’t a strobe light.

Yet they did flash that fast just fine.

I think what Ryan meant is you will loose reliability if ST is sending out 32 commands per second. I can almost guarantee that over a short period of time, a few commands will get lost in the network congestion.

Oh that I can see. I only did it for fun anyway lol. If we actually got trick or treaters at our house it would be neat to put a motion sensor on the porch and move the bluetooth speaker our there

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I love your idea.
Last year, someone attached a fog machine to their smart outlet for a nice touch.

It is likely a personal preference, but for me, flashing lights cause disorientation, not suspense. I would be tempted to do the sound effects, and have the porch lights fade down to 20% in 2 seconds followed by a fade up in another 2 seconds. This can create a creepy feeling as they approach, yet give you full light to enjoy the costumes when they knock on your door.

(just keep in mind that fading 16 lights simultaneously might be more trouble than it’s worth, since fades cannot be cancelled by traditional means)

Oh trust me I know lol. I could never do it in the same room as my wife because it would make her sick. I found the other part out the other night when I was playing back the video I made. Alexa heard me say turn on Halloween again and I couldn’t cancel it with the entire family in bed.