Help with a secret door unlock

Hi all. I have a smart lock and also a few smart devices outside the house. Love CoRE but struggling with this one:
I’d like to be able to perform a sequence of events (opening letterbox, pressing doorbell etc) in a secret order, within a certain timeframe (say a minute) and have CoRE unlock the door. Useful for the times I forget my phone or the auto-relock has occurred (sat in the driveway on my phone in the car for example).

I’ve managed to get this to work nicely, however CoRE evaluates continuously (as I’ve set this up as a Basic piston I don’t suppose it has any reason not to) therefor if by magic the sequence of events I’ve set happens but across 2 or 3 days then the door unlocks.

I’d like to be able to specify somewhere that it should only execute the piston if the sequence was performed within a minute. All and any ideas greatly appreciated!

I really like this idea!

Just to clarify, are you trying to use CoRE or webCoRE to accomplish this?

If your answer is CoRE, then we can move this topic to the CoRE area for better responses.

You could try something like this. Or get really creative with variables to count things if this fails you. Let me know if this works or if we need to work up a Plan B.

I don’t have a smart door lock so I just logged to console for the action as an example.

I’m using CoRE on SmartThings - I understand the logic in the code above and that’s exactly what I want but not sure how to get the interface up to put that code in? Sorry for being a newbie!

No problem at all. I have relocated this thread to:
Legacy CoRE: Piston Design
to make it easier for others to help.

I confess my time with CoRE was only about 6 weeks before I made the switch to webCoRE, so my knowledge (and memory) of CoRE programming is quite limited.

My two cents would be to install webCoRE though. It will not hurt or disable anything you already have in CoRE. It will just give you lots more options for the future.

Many thanks for the clarity! I shall do just that and let you know how I get on. Really appreciate the help guys!