Help with Syncing Sylvania Smart light strips

Sorry I am new to Webcore. I have searched high and dry and I can not find anything that will sync on, off, level, hue, saturation etc.

1) Give a description of the problem
Trying to sync all matters of 3 sylvania lights and a virtual switch

2) What is the expected behaviour?
If I turn one on they all turn on. If I change one color they all change color.

3) What is happening/not happening?
I get them to turn on and off but nothing else. Can’t figure out how to code it.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

how do you turn them ON/OFF/Level change in the house (real world)?

And with your current piston. try to seperate 3 IF statements instead of using Else IF etc. Make them 3 independent IF blocks.

agree with @ike2018. Separating the ifs is much better.

For your level, I think you need to define a device variable to capture the one changing. Something like this:

device changingLight

if any of RGB  1, 4, 5,or 6 level changes
   capture matching devices to changingLight
then
  with
     RGB 1, 4, 5, and 6
         set level = [changingLight:level]
  end with
end if

@ike2018 I thought I had them as different If statements, Sorry newbie to webcore. And before webcore I had them using smart light with the virtual switch I would say Hey google turn on rope lights. But also want them to always match level so I can say rope lights to 50% etc. and why not color at the same time :slight_smile:

@guxdude how do you do the capture matching device?

When entering the condition, click on the little gear button near the bottom. That will give you the extra option like below and you can select the variable to store the device in.

Just FYI, ‘if’ and ‘else if’ act very differently. ‘if’ acts independently but ‘else if’ requires checking the original condition first and then can only be true once that is determined to be false. You always want triggers to be stand alone ‘if’.

That made it very clear to me… Thank you.
I was always wondering why I stay away from ELSE IF in webcore…
now I understand better how it works.