Hiring help to design piston

I am finding that this home automation is not for the general public and if you dont have a very solid understanding of coding, then you will have a hard time with the automation part of a smart home. I have a solid understanding of very basic coding but I am really struggling with getting things to work with my smart home. Webcore has helped with getting things programmed but somethings are proving to be challenging.

I have tried to get help on this forum and was advised to go to an example piston for help. The example piston was not what I was looking to do and it did not work as advertised when I used it as it was intended. I posted my questions and they were never answered.

Can I hire someone to create a code and teach me how it works. Time is money and I appreciate that and would like to compensate someone for taking their time and working with me directly.

Is anyone doing this?

email me at [email protected]

No need to hire I think, lay out what you want to happen in the simplest form and someone really bored would go the extra mile to help you out. :smiley:

Look who is talking, a MINION.
LOL :)))))))

I agree with elbyer but for a non-coder like my self, hired help was very helpful at the beginning.
once you understand how things work - or don’t - just this forum will do it.

I understand there may not be a need to hire someone, but its worth it to me to hire someone so I can get the help I need and compensate someone for their time and knowledge. I will also fell better about asking questions and taking someones time if i know they are getting something out of it. They are going to be more willing to help me and work with me if I am compensating them. I tried to use the forum but no one seems to answer or know how to make a light switch work like a light switch.