Home Status Tiles and ST Hub Power Alerts

conditions
device_health
tiles
power

Below is my Home Status Tiles and my Smartthings Hub Power Alerts Pistons that has been requested by a few people. The Smartthings Hub Power Alerts will send you a Push Notification or a SMS (if u set it up) whenever your Smartthings Hub is working on battery power or main power. This doesn’t work too well so far on the beta version of the Smartthings Hub V2 just a FYI since it gets false alarms but hopefully that will be sorted out.

The Home Status displays 4 tiles:

1. Create a Hub Power Switch, Log into the IDE site and click on My Devices.

2. Click on the New Device button on top-right.

3. Create like the screenshot below, you must put something random in the Device Network ID. Pick the correct Location and Hub that you want to add this to as well then click the Create button.

4. Add the new Simulated Switch to your WebCoRE device list.

5. Import the ST Hub Power Alerts Piston using Code: mergk

6. Once the ST Hub Power Alerts piston is imported:
    a. Modify the Switch 5’s Switch to the Hub Power Switch you created on step one.
    b. You can add the option to send an SMS message instead of a push message if needed. When formatting your cell phone number, format like this: XXX-XXX-XXXX

7. Once the ST Hub Power Alerts is saved, next Import the Home Status Piston using Code: inomd

8. Once created, modify the Switch 5’s Switch to the Hub Power Switch you created on step one and you are all done.

Power is out alert using the Hub's power status
Hub power source change triggered with 19.12 beta update

I don’t think I’ve ever been able to get this notification by testing (pulling the plug…) Have you had success (other than the newest firmware?)

Sometimes in the past ST would notify me via the app…but It think it takes a while?

Ya, the Hub Power is not working currently on the beta firmware of the ST Hub but used to work for me. I’ve had this setup since June and did work great, I’m hoping it’s just a Firmware issue on the beta version but we’ll see.

It might not be worth setting the Hub Power up if you have problems but the other statuses can be used for the tiles though without issues.

Line 25 of hbr6 calls a switch “Home Occupied” which I believe is not declared anywhere. It appears to be different than the Hub Power Switch of course.

Thanks kraig109, I must not of gotten all of my custom coding I had setup for myself like I thought I did before posting. I updated it on the first post to show in Gray if your location mode is away. Home Occupied if you were wondering is for my presence sensors, security system and alarm. I’ll look to post all of that at some point over the next few weeks since I have a lot of pistons responsible for all of that to work. I use simulated switches for all of that which I think is better since you can toggle it manually if you wish as well.

This has been working on the last few firmware updates :slight_smile: I can see immediately when they reboot my hub and when it comes back online…

This one isn’t working for me. I can see the battery status change in the IDE but when it comes to the piston’s status or notifications it doesn’t work. It always says the hub is on power.

same here

There’s an issue with the Hub Status not working right still in webCoRE from the looks at it. It works for me most of the time but sometimes get false positives.

Why would it work for some people most of the time and me not at all period? You’d think across the board it would either work some for everyone or not work at all for everyone…

It might depend on the Hub version being using and the Firmware. Some users are in the Beta program with Smartthings and test with the beta firmware while others are on the production firmware.

Hi @bfara83, I just updated to hub version .21, and once again this piston is misreporting, saying I am on battery power. I confirmed in the smartthings api that On Battery = False of course.

Is it this piston or webcore in general that needs the update?

I just tried to create the virtual switch again to start over and I’m getting this message: Access Denied
We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation. Any ideas? This piston has never worked for me and I was going to start from scratch.

Everything settled down for me later that day, and it stopped reporting battery power.

@chop249, I have this problem too. The only solution ST has come up with is to use an Incognito browser tab when you log into the Smartthings API. It works, but is of course slightly annoying.

Just in case: to open an incognito instance of chrome, right click on your Windows chrome program icon and select the incog option.

Kraig109,

This is likely a ST issue but not really sure to be honest at this moment. When I looked before, the logs of the piston was showing webCoRE was reporting the events incorrectly for Hub Power status so it’ll either be a ST issue or a webCoRE issue. I don’t have of my smart devices plugged in currently to help right now, in process of moving to a new house in May. Hopefully at some point next month I’ll look to work on finishing up some of the things I was working on previously and look at this issue further.