How do Manual Update in Hubitat

Hubitat tells me Webcore installation is at 1.0.88 with an update available to 1.0.93. But the auto update fails with a statement to do it manually. Are there instructions somewhere that tells me how to do that? Is Github still the right repository of that source code?

Also, most of the discussions on this website seem to be old. Is there a more active discussion board somewhere else?

This is an ongoing issue, probably worth a look here

It would be good if the instructions to install manually could be put as a sticky post until a solution is found?

Manual Installation/Update links of webCoRE:
Copy the code from the links below to the Hubitat hub under ‘Apps Code’ for the same apps name. Use the manual code installation process as per usual, installing the apps code components in the order listed below.
• 1-2 are mandatory
• 3 is needed for $weather functionality
• 4 is only needed if you use graphing or local fuel streams

1. webcore-piston.groovy import URL:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-piston.src/webcore-piston.groovy
  2. webcore.groovy import URL:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore.src/webcore.groovy
  3. webcore-storage.groovy import URL:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-storage.src/webcore-storage.groovy
  4. webcore-fuel-stream.groovy import URL:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-fuel-stream.src/webcore-fuel-stream.groovy

Solving the HPM ‘out of sync’ issue after a manual update of webCoRE:
To solve the Hubitat Package Manager ‘out of sync’ issue, use the Un-Match feature under ‘Package Manger Settings’ against the webCoRE package, followed by a Match Up. When it finds the match, you have a choice to mark it as up-to-date or not. Mark it as up-to-date.

I must be missing something. All those files have last update dates of Jan or Apr '24, with version numbers like v0.3.114.20240115_HE. When I do a manual update using those files, nothing happens that I can see. And after, after a reboot, when I look at what the hub says the Webcore ver number, it still says vers 1.0.93 is available, and that my current vers is 1.0.88. What’s going on?

If you’re talking about that information coming from the Hubitat Package Manager (HPM), you’ll need to follow the instructions in the, “ Solving the HPM ‘out of sync’ issue after a manual update of webCoRE:” section I posted above.

I did not know what “out of sync” meant. There was nothing in the UI that said that. And I also did not know what un-Match or Match meant. But I followed your directions, and now it seems Hubitat is happy and not complaining about a version mismatch. But, how can I verify that the correct files were installed? As I said, the source files do not correspond to what Hubitat reports. And forcing Hubitat to declare they are current seems like the wrong way to identify the current version. Is there a decoder ring somewhere that spells this out?

I’m also a little confused at the version numbers and dates. I’m sure HPM reported updates were available well after April. Also where does HPM get its version numbers from as they seem different?

In this case, ‘out of sync’ means that the HPM is unaware that you’ve manually installed the updated app code (i.e., outside of HPM) so it thinks you haven’t updated yet. The instructions you followed, told HPM that you do have the latest versions and it will stop telling you that you don’t.

Assuming that you followed the instructions I provided - using the links to the new app versions, and cutting and pasting them as usual (like all other manually installed apps), you’ll be fine. In the Hubitat Menu, under APPS Code - where you pasted the new code for each of the updates, you can see that the code lists the current version numbers and dates for each app. For instance, here’s the latest code for the webCoRE app:

Compare that to what HPM says it should be.

If any one of the webCoRE apps (webCoRE, webCoRE-Piston, and webCoRE-Storage) gets updated, HPM will notify you to update webCoRE. If only one app is updated, dates on the other two will stay the same.

HPM gets it’s dates and version numbers from the developers who made the changes to the apps.

Sorry, I’m still not understanding…
My HPM says I’m on 1.0.87 and 1.0.93 is current. These do not seem to correspond to the source code, there are 4 source files which say version 0.3.114.20240115_HE

Upon further investigation, you are correct that the HPM version numbers are not a match for the version numbers in the code. However, if you got the code from the links in my earlier message - regardless of the mis-matched numbers, you have the latest code. Further, if you followed the instructions and links that I provided, and properly cut and pasted them as usual (like all other manually installed apps), you’ll be running on the latest versions.

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can respond why the versions in the code and in HPM are not the same.