How do you get Places (arriving and leaving) to function?

1) Give a description of the problem
I have downloaded the app and have it registered properly to my instance. I also successfully hit the green SETUP button and named my app presence sensor. I can see the app’s presence sensor instance in webCore and can even write code to include that presence sensor. However, it does not trigger at any of the 3 places I setup within Settings. I did add the handler within ST and publish it. I also upgraded to the latest version of webCore (V0.3.10b).

If I can’t get it working I’ll just create 2 more places and toggle a few virtual switches in ST to do what I would like within webCore.

Thank you for your help in advance.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Should trigger when I (my cell phone) enter/leave any of the 3 places I setup.

3) What is happening/not happening?
No triggering is occurring when entering/leaving my places

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
no logs to show since the presence detection isn’t triggering anything.

Probably a silly question but does webcore have access to your location?

Good question Koyfam. Yes, just checked and webCore does have location permissions enabled. On a side note my ST location presence detection works. I was reading in the forums back in February Android’s running v8.0 or higher had issues with webCore presence detection. I find that hard to believe if presence works just fine in ST with a phone running Android v8.1.

Weird man. Hopefully one of the webcore gurus will chime in.

I have a similar piston that works well for me but I’m on iPhone.

Some people have hadn’t more luck using currentPlace instead of arriving or leaving. So you can try current places changes to or current place changes away from.

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a go Koyfam.

I tried using current place changes and that did not work either. I may just punt and set some virtual switches in ST so WebCore can handle the logic.

If anyone else has any idea why WebCore presence does not function with Android 8.1.0 on a Nexus 6P your thoughts are welcome.

Take care!

I have similar problem, I set all my places and inside webcore, the $places seem to countain my places… but device [webcore presence sensor : current place] still empty… unable to get my current place! All my location permission are set… its pretty frustrating! I have access to nothing else (ST app only allow linked location for galaxy phone…life 360 only works for home…)