How to capture and restore active Echo devices attributes for restoring later

Trying to find a way to capture which Echo devices are playing upon triggering an IFTTT url for a piston and not sure the best way to do so. Will this restore from local store do what I want on its own by unmuting and restoring previously volume or do I need to capture that info in additional variables?

Last two statements are where I’m working

Just for my information, what does the line
Make a POST request to [https://anonymized.webcore.co] with JSON encoded data {ActiveEchoDevices};
do?

@qoheleth it’s actually something I’m playing around with more for educational purposes. It’s going to be something where once the Echo’s have been muted it’'ll actually send Siri Shortcuts a push notification, and while I know that webCoRe and SmartThings can do that already, with this I’ll be able to actually trigger actions using that notification. So basically it’s going to mute the sound and then send me the message offering to options to unmute speakers. Just trying to see how I can get two way communication going between systems.

Thanks. Since we don’t have user-defined functions in WebCoRE, I’ve been wanting to figure out how to send parameters to a called piston. Eventually I also want to figure out how to send parameters to other applications.
That part of the documentation is “sparse.”

What does DISABLE AUTOMATIC PISTON STATE do?

I was using SPEAK AND RESTORE fucntion successfully, but for some reason ALL SPEAK funcntions stopped working. Had to use ANNOUNCEMENT feature.

Trying to create an INTERCOM system that announces to patient rooms and returnse ACTIVE devices back to previous volume. This works fine, but only about half the time. It will often ignore my restore volume commands. This is why you’ll see setVolume 22. Using it as a safety net since it is so unreliable.