How to create global variable

1) Give a description of the problem
Can’t figure out how to create global variable. This page, https://wiki.webcore.co/Variable#Global_Variables, says to “Define global variables on the upper right hand pane while editing a piston”. All I see in the upper right part of the screen (Android phone) is the hamburger symbol. None of the items in the hamburger menu are about global variables.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

You can create global variables by:

• Going into ‘Edit’ mode for any piston
  • Click on “+ add a new global variable” found in the bottom right column:

pic

Note: You may have to scroll down if using a tiny screen…
(I always use a desktop PC to edit)

Thank you. However, my screen (Android phone) doesn’t have any of the right-hand column stuff that you show in your image. What device are you using to edit?

I use Firefox or Chrome on Windows… (where it displays two columns)

On smaller screens, it is likely displayed in one column, so look for:
+ add a new global variable
farther down (while in Edit mode).

Okay, I think I get it. I’m using the Webcore SmartApp on my phone. So to get to global variables you have to start editing a piston, click on the hamburger icon, select “Show variables”, click on the hamburger icon again to go back to edit mode, and then scroll to the bottom to see a place to add a global variable.

I also now see I can authorize a web browser and then edit a piston from the browser and then I see the screen as you said.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the clarification. :sunglasses:

I confess, editing is sooo much easier on the big screen.

(BTW, love the userName… Just need a fitting avatar now)