How to Read a Piston Variable From Piston URL

1) Give a description of the problem

I’d like to call a Piston URL and read a response variable that’s set from the Piston. Is that possible? I couldn’t find any documentation.

A quick example can be found here.

I meant in the json reply from webcore when executing a piston url. It simply responds with Result OK and a timestamp. I would like to get additional info.

WebCoRE does not reply automatically. You would have to code a method to get data out.
(such as a Notification, SMS, Fuel Stream, Web Request etc.)

Does anyone have suggestions for an easy to use method to take WebCoRE data out? I was playing around with Adafruit IO but it seems to have some annoying quirks.

Edit: I’m thinking maybe Jsonbin.io

What are you trying to get out of WC?

Well, I think just the status of some things like Smart Home Monitor. But I might want to create If Conditions to set variables, to take out of WC as well.

The 4 methods I mentioned above are only a single line of code each, and easy to insert in any piston.
(there is also email, but our daily limit is very small with that, so normally I do not recommend this last one)

Yes, I just was looking for an easy way to add to my python script to check if the house is armed or not armed, as an example. I guess I will keep searching.

What is your python script expecting from webcore? What format?

If you setup a piston with no triggers, you can make a web call to it and send the data back to your script.

Yes I could set up a Simple HTTP server to receive a web request. I am too dumb to do that probably.

For now I have done it in a real round-about way by setting up Homeassistant, connecting it to Smartthings and having WebCoRE control a virtual switch that Homeassistant can query.