How to turn off motion sensor when in away mode only

1) Give a description of the problem
Looking to create a piston that will turn off my motion sensors when I’m not home

2) What is the expected behavior?
Turn off motion sensors

3) What is happening/not happening?
I currently have a piston set up on presence. It will run an automation (turns all lights, tv and such off, set thermostats) what I am finding today is when I get home, my kitchen lights are on and my living room light are on. This is because I have dogs. They are triggering the motion to turn them on. I have them set to only go on when the LUX is below 990. I work different hours and my wife does also. Some times we don’t come home till 9pm. So I’m trying to find a way to deactivate or turn off the motion sensors when I’m in away mode,

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE BETWEEN THE MARKS THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS SND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

You can’t turn them off but you can include your presence sensors as a condition in the piston to check that at least one presence sensor is present before it executes any task.

Hi @Basic261,

I have the same problem (3 cats LOL) and they are worst than dogs for the smart houses because they can jump:))))
So, as @eibyer said there is no way turning them off (not yet atleast) but with a condition you can by pass using them…
Here is my piston for the main entrance in the house…
I want motion sensors work sometimes but not after we are in bed, and cats start their rounds around 2.00am in the morning:))) so this worked really well for us, as if no motion sensors in the house when this part is activated.

This is the part motions sensors ARE ACTIVE…
When global variable changes from 1 to something else, motion sensors will be OUT. Lights won’t turn ON…
And you can use some other condition ofcourse, it doesn’t have to be a variable…

Please let me know if you have any questions…

@eibyer thanks for the reply. I’m new at Webcore. I have a piston set up now with presence. If all presence sensors are not present run good bye routine. This is working great. How would I add a condition to not turn lights on?

Ok I figured it out. I’ve tested multiple times. Not sure if this is the way it should be but it works. Thanks for the idea @ike2018

Thats great…
Coders and pros of this forum should be able to address this better but my only concern with your piston would be, everytime action is picked the piston will send singnals to turn off the lights.
If you came to a point where you have dozens of devices and dozens of pistons go with it, this could cause congestion? (my uneducated guess)

But i believe that is bridge to cross in the future or maybe never:)

Are you using Location Mode? If you are, then you can just but a restriction on the piston that does your motion lights that mode has to be home or day/night for example. That would also keep the cats from turning on the lights in the middle of the night. They are quite active in the night after all. :slight_smile: Then you would just have to set the mode to Sleep or Night…whatever you are using. I find using mode as a catchall makes things easier when you get further down the road.