Ifttt earthquake trigger webcore turn on all lights

1) Give a description of the problem
Not a problem but an idea. I am very new to webcore.
I was wondering if its possible to get notification from ifttt if there is an earthquake
and have Webcore turn on all the lights in the house on and set brightness to 100%

@darknes01 Could you figure out how to make it work ?

@all Any inputs if anyone could get it working. Any other suggestions.

WebCoRE can definitely do the response, as long as you find the right trigger in IFTTT. If you can’t find one, you can always seek out an RSS feed and let IFTTT monitor that instead.

Also, no need to send Turn on light" command in webCoRE. Just “Set level to 100%” would do the trick

Never tried this BUT i was living in a earthquake zone once and checking the websites etc…
We would get about 3-4 earthquakes a night (none of them we would feel though, small ones)
make sure that with IFTTT you can decide the level you want to be notified…
Above 3.0 for instance…

That’s such a good point. I live in Los Angeles and we get our share of shaking so I’ll make sure to select a higher magnitude for the trigger.
But what would be nice is if smartthings would have a similar function baked in since then it would be much faster to react and wouldn’t rely on the cloud. Thank you everyone for your help.

LOL same here los angeles Bel Air where i lived. Crazy place with quakes;)))

Well, for what it’s worth… SmartThings would have to get their earthquake data from some other site, so it wouldn’t be any faster than you querying that site. Plus we can’t forget that SmartThings is also in the cloud…

The one real bottleneck is the delay with IFTTT.

With devices, the delay may only be a second or two, but when IFTTT is monitoring a website for changes, it could be 10-15 minutes after the event before I am notified. Because of this, I never use IFTTT for anything time sensitive.