1) Give a description of the problem
Would like to include weather as a condition in house lighting. I am also using Phone Presence as the initial condition.
2) What is the expected behavior?
Wife wants to save on electricity. So, I created sunset and sunrise variables. However, on cloudy, overcast or rainy days, the house is too dark and she wants the lights on. I was thinking about getting an luminosity sensor to solve this. However I thought I could use the conditions of the new cloud cover for $TWCweather.
3) What is happening/not happening?
I could use the communities assistance to help figure out logic to:
- Retain my presence condition so it doesn’t even turn on if our phones aren’t there
- Maintain the timing condition of keeping the lights off between sunrise and sunset
- Add a simple check (for the expression) $twcweather.conditions.cloudCoverPhrase if the condition are any of “Partly Cloudy”, “Mostly Cloudy”, “Cloudy”.
Later, when the logic is fleshed out in the Piston I can get more detailed with $twcweather.forecast.daypart.wxPhraseLong
**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]
Here is the existing piston for our family room
Here is my assumed logic - again could use assistance on this.
I can’t seem to get and (Or) statement between the time and the WX without changing the presence to (or) as well.
Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated!
REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.