Inputs on how to announce a specific Incoming email to Google Home

1) Give a description of the problem
Just started with webCORE. Have it working now and getting announcements done to GHome.
Question : I am looking for a way in which I can get Google Home announcement done when a particular email arrives. For instance, my Amazon package arrives/ships, I as of now receive an email. Is there a possibility that that email can be used to relay and announce it (eg: From the subject line “You package ABC has shipped.”).

2) What is the expected behavior?
Asking inputs above.

3) What is happening/not happening?

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
As of now, I am struck here.

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING

I don’t think email trigger works yet.

@eibyer Thanks for the reply.

@ all

Is there any other shape or form by which we can get GHome to announce an email arrival ? Outside webCORE perspective ?

There are some services out there that can parse emails and do web calls into a webcore piston but some of those services cost money. One that @ipaterson recommended to me before was Integromat. Another one is Zapier. Aaaaand if you’re into DIY’ing, you can set up node-red to parse emails.

I use Tasker on Android to alert webCoRE if a specific email comes in. (either by sender or by keywords in the subject line) Once it is in webCoRE, then I can do whatever I want with it.

(technically, you can go straight from Tasker to Google Home, but then you wouldn’t have the data available to webCoRE. I think the preferred route includes webCoRE)

When I want a visual alert, I use my LaMetric smart clock to display particular emails.

(this second method has a short delay & bypasses webCoRE entirely, so it’s not as ‘smart’)

I tend to use the first method most of the time, but for important emails, I (also) use my smart clock as a backup… A sort of ‘safety net’ so urgent messages are not overlooked.