[Install Instructions] webCoRE Presence Sensor on your iPhone (beta)

Since this is still in Beta, is there room to change this?

I am getting all sorts of false arrival and departures because of the geofence limitations. I suppose I could try to slide my arrival geofence east in my map, but I would hope someone could consider making the 200 m minimum on the arrival geofence smaller.

The minimum sizes are dictated by the geofencing of both iOS and Android. Making them smaller will result in more false updates.

It was implemented because there needs to be a decent sized buffer between the circles.

I can understand the thought process behind this, but what are the beta testing results coming back with? Has someone actually tried allowing the departure geofence say 100M, 50M and see that it really won’t work?

It would be nice to configure your ratio as see fits in beta testing. If there are too many complaints, put that feedback into the final version.

This whole, not being able to make a small enough geofence, is why there are so many posts where people in more condensed cities can not even use standard geofence.

I was hoping if you can’t allow us to control that ratio, please help me find a solution to solve my issue. This is the core reason why people use alternative presence sensors or wifi presence. If you are saying there is no chance that this will be resolved, I will have to explore other options. I am sure I will not be alone in that.

@ady624

Trying to follow the steps to get on the beta for this and it says I cannot send PM’s to you. Is the beta test for this closed?

New users cannot send PM’s until they earn trust level 1 (basic user).

Spend 30 minutes clicking on things / reading posts and you’ll quickly get promoted.

I have been using WebCoRe presence sensor for a while, and have noticed that my circle changes from my setting back to the original. Sometimes in a few days and sometimes right away.

Ah yes that would make sense thanks.

Having a major problem with adjusting Geo Fence. I move the inner circle in then move the outer circle to where I want it. I then click save, but it keeps making the circle larger by miles. Any help would be appreciated. The first screenshot shows what I set it to, and the second what it actually saved.

I got tired of this and removed the location and started over.I hope it works now.

Do you know what distances those actually are? There are minimums set in place.

Right now since I removed the location, I am trying to get the new one working.

My test version is back, but I am missing the middle circle on location. How do i fix this?

You’re actually missing the outer circle… maybe it’s huge and you need to zoom out?

OK removed that location, re added it. The only problem is I can’t reduce the size of the outer circle to something closer to my home. I reduced the inner circle to about 200 foot and the outer to 250 foot but it won’t save those values. it want something like 600 foot outer circle.

GPS accuracy doesn’t always come in that accurately. So to combat that there is a minimum distance between the two circles is 200 meters.

OK then 200 meters is about 656 feet. I was close with my estimate of my circle.

Indeed you were. Main takeaway is don’t make your circles really small

Yes I can see that. So knowing that I will avoid security related pistons as they will be flawed.

The intention is that you have to enter the inner circle to ‘arrive’ and leave the outer circle to ‘leave’

However in the following example, travelling on the train past my company yard triggers both an arrive and leave event, even though the inner circle does not cover the tracks.

I would expect the occasional error due to GPS accuracy but it’s every time which is a bit odd.

Has anyone figured out how to use the ‘floor’ function of the presence sensor yet?

Mine just says ‘Unknown Floor’