Install webcore on second hub in same account

I have two hubs under their own location in my smartthings account. Webcore is installed on one and I want to install on the other. Problem is, I cannot figure out how to differentiate the locations for purposes of installing smartapps in the IDE. Does anyone have instructions for how to get webcore on two hubs in the same account? Thanks!

Managing two locations

You install webCoRE from the ST app. Just select the location (for your second hub) in the ST app, go to Marketplace -> SmartApps -> My Apps … you’ll find webCoRE there to install. Then configure webCoRE for that location in Automation -> SmartApps …

Exactly what I needed! Didn’t realize that portion is done via the mobile app. Thanks much.

I have the same question, but Webcore doesn’t show up (nothing shows up) when I select the new location and go to Marketplace -> SmartApps -> My Apps. When I select the previously existing location, it’s all there no problem. Any ideas, @elf ? Thanks in advance.

Hmmm … the only thing I can think of off hand is to check your installation of webCoRE in your IDE/github … maybe remove the four webCoRE apps from My SmartApps and then Update from Repo (again).

… and … we are speaking about two locations under the same account, right?

yes, @elf - two separate hubs, at two separate houses, under the same Smartthings Account. If it makes a difference, the 2nd location was added after webCoRE was already installed for the 1st.

I got webCoRE installed successfully because of the great tutorial that was included, but removing apps and updating again is confusing for me. Can you recommend a tutorial for that?
Thanks for all your help!

Try this first:

1. Log in to your IDE/github account
  2. Go to My SmartApps
  3. For each of the four webCoRE apps, click on the app link and do Publish (For me) and Save

In the ST app, for the location of interest, see if they appear in the Marketplace -> SmartApps -> My Apps

OK - followed your instructions, but no joy.
webCoRE is successfully installed and in use for the first location, but not the second.

You have other apps installed for the 2nd location? You mentioned “nothing shows up” in your original post, so I’m assuming that only pertained to webCoRE … asking to clear my mind, though …

I’m out of ideas here :thinking:, especially if you have installed other apps for the 2nd location … maybe some of the other @webCoRE_Minions might be able to shed some light on this problem …

I’ll play around with my 2nd location this weekend to see if I can discover anything …

I think it might be a good idea to contact SmartThings support with details about what you’re seeing. At least in the past it was not necessary [or possible?] to reinstall smart apps for a second hub.

I don’t have multiple hubs so no personal experience but based on this thread history and the assumption that it hasn’t changed in the last 2 years your issue is unique. I know there are a few people here with that type of setup so hopefully I will be corrected if what you’re seeing is expected!

Thank you both, @elf and @ipaterson for taking time to consider it with me.
@elf I don’t have any other apps installed for 2nd location as it’s brand new. Thank for any other ideas you come up with.

Will attempt this question in the Smartthings forums or contact tech support as you’ve suggested, @ipaterson. Thanks again.

Ah … everything that you have in your 1st location’s “SmartApps->My Apps” should also appear in you 2nd location’s My Apps. This is something that you should definitely contact ST support about since it sounds like the 2nd location hub wasn’t added in correctly.

Here’s an update, @elf and @ipaterson:
Smartthings customer support was kind but, ultimately, not helpful since they don’t service any smartapps that they don’t create.
I explored more on my own and noticed in the IDE that if I clicked:
My Locations --> click 1st location --> My SmartApps, I could see all the smartapps I had installed, including webCoRE. But, if I clicked on the 2nd location and then My SmartApps, there was nothing there. In fact, Github wasn’t even enabled there.

SO…after clicking the 2nd location, I went through the whole process of installing Github and webCoRE and was successful, but the result is that I have two separate webCoRE dashboards – one for each location.

This may work, but it may not be ideal. I don’t think I need the two locations to be able to interact with one another anyway, so I don’t think it’s necessary to have devices from both locations on the same dashboard.

Any warnings or concerns with the way this is currently setup?

Thanks again to both of you for your interest in my dilemma.

Strange :thinking: …

This is correct — one dashboard per location; you can select the other location/dashboard from the drop-down menu at the top-left of a desktop browser when viewing a dashboard (you probably found this out already).

I’ve been using this setup for over two years now, when Adrian first implemented support for multiple locations … haven’t had any problems.

The good news is that you got it working :+1: