Installing Webcore with new ap

1) Give a description of the problem
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)
I am trying to install webcore, and I am following the directions that are posted here ( https://wiki.webcore.co/New_SmartThings_App ) and it says…

1. Open the SmartThings app on your mobile device.
  2. From the Home screen, you have two options from where to add a new instance of webCoRE…
  • touch the Plus (+) icon and select Smartapp
  • or Select Menu and touch SmartApps and touch the Plus (+) icon
  1. Scroll down to the Custom section until you find webCoRE and tap it. If you can’t find webCore you likely skipped some steps above.

I follow these steps exactly here is a video of me doing it on my phone ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_EuYhPWH-PzVoGncT5fkR0X1qpaeF-R/view?usp=sharing )

However, webcore is not listed, in the video i try both ways that it says to do it in the instructions. Am I doing something wrong? I hate this new st ap they forced on us…

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Sounds like #3 in your post above. You probably missed a step in the installation of the Smartapps in IDE.

• did you install all 4 of the Smartapps in IDE?
  • did you publish all 4 of them?
  • did you enable Oauth for the webcore smartapp?

Here are the instructions for installing the code in IDE:

When you get to the section for installing through the Classic app, skip to the instructions for installing in the new app that you listed above.

no i didnt know you had to do that stuff, step one that i have listed above is the very first instruction listed. the classic ap boots you out after about 10 sec and the page for it says at the top " Warning: Edit August 2020: The new SmartThings app has different installation steps." so i thought any steps from it were no longer part of the install. I will try to work through that page then. thanks

Is anyone having issues with webcore and the new app and adding/remove devices?

It acts really strange for me - after I start editing devices I don’t get ‘done’ options - only cancel…

Maybe like this one?

probably time for someone to update the wiki page and replace the classic app setup instructions with the new app setup instructions

thx

If you go into ST IDE, do you see the settings when you select the running SmartApp?

I don’t see any of the settings there?

I thought I did that for all four locations after your great writeup, @jkp.

from the wiki page…

Yes… but scroll up and you will see my red box with the link to the new steps.

hard to see that (ha ha first time I saw it :slight_smile: ) you may want to move it above the classic setup. But since the classic is no more, probably time to get rid of it and insert the new app instructions to make it simpler.

Only reason I brought it up is I have spoken with a few users who start on the new app setup and miss the github setup andthey didn’t understand why webcore was not showing in the smartapps section.

I added the warning to that section of the page as well… In case the first warning was overlooked.

I am still able (forced) to use the Classic app, so I will leave the old data there, for now.

If you need me to adjust any wording on the Wiki, just shoot me a message, and I will be glad to do so.
(I am partially blind when it comes to the new app)

it’s no biggie. I just point them in the right direction

Ok, I must be a moron. LOL. I too followed https://wiki.webcore.co/New_SmartThings_App and had the same problem as NaughtyNailer in that “webcore is not listed”. The help given by jkp says " You probably missed a step in the installation of the Smartapps in IDE" The explanations given don’t make any sense to me. Such as “did you install all 4 of the Smartapps in IDE?” What 4? Can someone help? Thank you

Maybe take a look at this…

Written installation instructions are here…

yea, i had the same problem as @NaughtyNailer . I instantly thought the rest of the instructions on the main page were no longer relevant to me due to the warning before any of the github instructions. Probably best to remove that warning b/c it’s just misleading at that point in the instructions.

Thanks for the input…
I removed the warning from the following pages:
Wiki/GitHub_Install
Wiki/Installing_webCoRE

Hopefully that link is still seen at the other two locations.

nice. thanks for the quick response. I still see the warning at the appropriate place as well. Looks good. Hopefully I can get this setup now :slight_smile: