Use ping to test to see if my tv is on or not

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Dont know where to begin

3) What is happening/not happening?
Dont know where to begin

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

This is the solution…

Thank you but is there a way to do it without running a program on another machine… Thanks for help…

Unfortunately not that I’m aware, but it runs perfectly fine on a Node MCU, that costs a few bucks and runs on USB.
And please mark my above post with a image Thanks.

I have done that. Thanks for your help. I will look into that…

Not using a ping, no. Is your TV ‘smart’ enough to have any web servers running when it is switched on? That is how I tell if one of my TVs is on. I just make a web request to the appropriate IP address and port and if it responds it is on, otherwise it times out and it is off. I actually do it in a device handler but I guess you could do it in webCoRE.

Thanks but my tv isnt smart enough… Ping would work best.

Apart from the cost, wouldn’t a smart plug with power metering work better for a tv? A pinging device will work every 10 seconds, which is a lot of traffic on a system.

yes it probably would but for now I got ping working on a raspberry pi I borrowed from my son. Thanks for your help and I may look into the smart plug. any suggestions for one? Thanks again for your help.

Nice job, I’ve had good luck with Fibaro’s, and changing the frequency report rate.

I’ve just tried my LG OLED, although it has no web page when you connect to it, it does refuse the connection instantly. If its in standby it times out. You may be able to use this distinction in a piston?