Is rain forecasted for today?

1) Give a description of the problem
Hi Everyone, l am trying to create a piston that simply sends me an email notification if Rain or Showers, etc is expected at any point during the current day.

2) What is the expected behavior?
Sends me a daily email notification at 8:32am if Rain or Showers etc. i.e. (wet weather notification) is forecasted for that same day.

3) What is happening/not happening?
When executing the following piston, it keeps returning a ‘False’ variable response even if that value expression shows ‘Rain’ - I was expecting this to return ‘True’ and therefore sending the email notification

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

Would greatly appreciate if someone could advise please as why this is not returning true.

Thanks in advance!

Try it in this format… contains("Going to rain today","snow")

Also be aware that the code:
$twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseShort
returns forecasts for the next 15 days (30 dataPoints).

Today’s AM forecast is:
$twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseShort[0]

Today’s PM forecast is:
$twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseShort[1]

(the numbers 2-29 are for the next 14 days)

You will probably not encounter this last bit at 8:32am, but for others reading this later:
I should note, the AM forecast [0] will be null 12 hours a day. (approx 3:15pm-3:15am)

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your advice, l have changed things around a little, however, l am not to get it to trigger even the values does match but it still returns False - I suspect it’s to do with the way in which wrote the comparison on line 20 i.e. 'is any of … etc.
Appreciate if you could take a second peak and advise what is written incorrectly

Thanks again

I don’t think you can match that way. You need to use an expression like this:

contains($twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseShort[1],"Rain")||contains($twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseShort[1],"Showers")||contains($twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseShort[1],"Shwrs")||contains($twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].wxPhraseShort[1],"Storms")

Then you compare this expression to the value ‘true’.

Let me suggest a possibly easier way if you are just interested in whether it might rain or not. simply look at:

$twcweather.forecast.daypart[0].precipChance[1] is greater than 20 [or whatever % you feel comfortable with]

Perfect! I will that a shot

Many thanks guys!!!