Issues with AduroSmart ERIA wireless dimmer

So the ST app lets me add the 3 BR30 devices to each button. The device control (handler??) lets me select toggle, on, off, level, color or color temperature for each bulb. So I have one button that turn all 3 on, 100% level, 3250K. The other button set them to 75% level. The bottom button toggles them on/off (that didn’t work well with the multiple event problem).
I would like to be able to set the level using the up/down buttons, but there is no way I can see to do it with the app.
Maybe I could use a smart app to do it. I looked at the color coordinator app that changes multiple bulbs based on a master bulb, maybe I could use a button event to change all three bulbs. (My groovy coding experience is nil, but I had to change that app because it wasn’t working with color temp correctly)

ah … yes I remember now that the middle buttons only allowed setting a value.
Ive attached my Webcore Piston that is similar to what you are saying. Note, the switches at the top define the ERIA switches, the download just calls the keypad (which can be confusing)

Looks like an official fix is in development as well

Did you have a chance to test it @cgmckeever?

I havent … can just pull that commit … Im happy with mine :wink: and I know how to fix it

Lol, that’s too bad. Was looking for a Guinea pig :slight_smile:

Ok I am the guinea pig…
It doesn’t work… random number of multiple events on switches 1 & 4, and no battery status either.
No version number or history in the code, so very hard to keep versions straight, had to diff the files to see changes … bad form in my book.
Going back to the CGM version, it works.
Disappointing, had high hopes for the switch but too bad the software is not ready.

Ah, thanks for doing that.

Really appreciate it.

@cgmckeever you should give them permission to just use yours. It works, except for the battery.

If Aduro is really re-tooling, I would highly recommend focusing on the warbling effect in the hardware.
(IE: use 4 individual ___ instead of one long ___)

It is so much better not having to use software to compensate…

1. Physically the plastic on the buttons is so thin that the buttons flex when pressing them down, makes it hard to tell if the button was really pressed. I would recommend thicker plastic on the buttons so they make a firm click when pressed.
  2. Also make a software option to turn off green light, some people get annoyed by lights flashing in the dark. (like my wife)
  3. Fix the battery indication.

This should be the file – in the event you grabbed the wrong thing.

You could rename it here if you wanted to see the version in IDE when selecting.

I would also recommend not just switching to this, but actually doing a full install where it is the default found handler.

Looking at the code, I seemed like nothing in there would fix the battery. … and I wasnt sure their controller logic really changed much,.

I guess I could make a PR against the smartthings handler. My concern there is, they are cobbling in so many hooks to be a universal handler … which is great for the average person that grabs it off the shelf and wants it to work – but then that code just becomes spaghetti — and thats where we are :wink:

EDIT – @DrRubin Im actually surprised you arent seeing multiple events on buttons 2 and 3 as well

I just checked the version you referenced by diff with the one I just tested. They are the same so this new update will not fix their event problem. (Wish they had history and ver in the file)
After updating my handler, I had to delete the device and re-add it so get the new handler to work. Is that the “full install” you are talking about??
Seems like this newer ver fixes the 2 & 3 events, I did see multiple events at first but then they stopped, I do get multiple triggers but only one key press.
Why did they create the child processes? (i am a newbie with ST

After updating my handler, I had to delete the device and re-add it so get the new handler to work. Is that the “full install” you are talking about??

Yep – just meant have it tear it down and build it back up using their handler.

The child process, to the best of my knowledge, is solely for the app to register that you pressed the button. When I tore that code out (thinking ‘hey look tow events are being sent right there’) - dual events still happened, but the app became almost useless.

They just posted updates based on comments

This looks more promising to no dual events – now will ST ever merge it ;).
Looks like it was originally submitted in February, stalled, updates made this week – but there are merge conflicts.

I just tested the changes…only problem is now 1 & 4 key presses do not generate any press events, those keys don’t run any actions.

Doesn’t anybody actually test this stuff???
logs follow: oldest at bottom

12:22:44 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 0135 01 00 0000 00 00 parsed to [:]
12:22:44 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 0135 01 00 0000 00 00 parsed to [:]
Button 4 pressed
12:22:42 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 FCCC 01 01 0000 00 0135 01 00 0000 00 00 000200 parsed to [name:button, value:pushed, data:[buttonNumber:3], descriptionText:Eria dimming button button 3 was pushed, isStateChange:true, linkText:Eria dimming button, displayed:true]
Button 3 pressed
12:22:40 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 FCCC 01 01 0000 00 0135 01 00 0000 00 00 000100 parsed to [name:button, value:pushed, data:[buttonNumber:2], descriptionText:Eria dimming button button 2 was pushed, isStateChange:true, linkText:Eria dimming button, displayed:true]
Button 2 pressed
12:22:37 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 0135 01 00 0000 01 00 parsed to [:]
12:22:37 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 0135 01 00 0000 01 00 parsed to [:]
12:22:36 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 0135 01 00 0000 01 00 parsed to [:]
Button 1 pressed

I got a weird error when trying to add a second switch. To add the switch, I had to hold buttons 2 & 3 and for 10 secs, then hold button 4 for 10 secs. I had to do this procedure twice for the switch to be recognized.
I saw these errors in the live logging window

-38b441ed4e51 12:48:08 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 E4ED 01 00 0000 01 00 parsed to [name:button, value:pushed, data:[buttonNumber:1], descriptionText:Eria dimming button 2 button 1 was pushed, isStateChange:true, linkText:Eria dimming button 2, displayed:true]
c-38b441ed4e51 12:48:08 AM: debug 6
c-38b441ed4e51 12:48:08 AM: debug zigbee.ONOFF_CLUSTER
c-38b441ed4e51 12:48:08 AM: debug zigbee.ONOFF_CLUSTER
c-38b441ed4e51 12:48:04 AM: debug Exception: grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():

• Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [E4ED:3]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,E4ED:3]; default message [{0} must be unique]
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:48:04 AM: debug Exception: grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():
  • Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [E4ED:1]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,E4ED:1]; default message [{0} must be unique]
  • Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [E4ED:4]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,E4ED:4]; default message [{0} must be unique]
  • Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [E4ED:2]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,E4ED:2]; default message [{0} must be unique]
    4b9f7ba4-c6d1-4d2a-8d06-ad9dee75a018 12:47:45 AM: debug detecting status for e013736f-3def-4980-8e66-3c82c3bdc447 : true
    4b9f7ba4-c6d1-4d2a-8d06-ad9dee75a018 12:47:45 AM: debug updated called
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:41 AM: debug Exception: grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():
  • Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [E4ED:4]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,E4ED:4]; default message [{0} must be unique]
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:41 AM: debug Exception: grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():
  • Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘deviceNetworkId’: rejected value [E4ED:3]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId.unique,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.deviceNetworkId,device.deviceNetworkId.unique.java.lang.String,device.deviceNetworkId.unique,unique.physicalgraph.device.Device.deviceNetworkId,unique.deviceNetworkId,unique.java.lang.String,unique]; arguments [deviceNetworkId,class physicalgraph.device.Device,E4ED:3]; default message [{0} must be unique]
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:38 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 E4ED 00 00 0000 0B 01 06C3 parsed to [descriptionText:Wake up event came in, isStateChange:true, linkText:Eria dimming button switch V2.0 - cgm, displayed:true]
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:38 AM: debug Description catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 E4ED 00 00 0000 0B 01 06C3 parsed to [descriptionText:Wake up event came in, isStateChange:true, linkText:Eria dimming button switch V2.0 - cgm, displayed:true]
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:37 AM: debug Description catchall: 0000 8021 00 00 0000 00 E4ED 00 00 0000 00 00 6100 parsed to [:]
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:37 AM: debug 32801
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:37 AM: debug 32801
    c-38b441ed4e51 12:47:36 AM: debug configure

Doesn’t anybody actually test this stuff???

Thats the thing that trips me up with that.

@DrRubin – when you got the weird error that was using my Handler? Logs appear to be. The button press combo move you did is typical, it resets the device (2 & 3) and then 4 puts in pairing mode.

That error was before or after you did the press combo?

I think I saw one of those errors at one point. Re-addind the device did not help … BUT … It seems to have only been a singular event, and (for me) does not affect the device

I have two of these switches. The error occurred when registering the 2cd switch after changing handlers. The first one paired normally and was working. The 2cd one wouldn’t pair at the first attempt and I had to repeat the pairing procedure, then it paired and started working. When I checked the log file after pairing I had those weird errors before the expected normal events.

I thought I would post them in case anyone was interested. They might help someone figure out any registering issues.

Scott

Looks like they are trying to get the handler fixed again

@DrRubin looks like they merged into Samsung Main, if you want to try it