Keeping the Light On

1) Give a description of the problem
Hi guys, I am trying to keep the light on in my Halo smoke/CO2 alarm when my SHM is set to Armed (Stay). The issue is that the light only stays on for 20 mins then shuts off.

2) What is the expected behavior?
I want this light to stay on to indicate the state of the alarm. So guessing it needs to be constantly checked/refreshed so it stays on

I can get the light to go on initially but what rule do I need to have it keep checking and stay on?

Thanks!

Post your green snapshot of the piston so we can try and help.

FYI in case anyone missed the news on Halo :frowning:

Ah, I remember seeing that… they can’t keep the light on! :grin:

Thanks for the help. EYah bummer about them going out of business but I never used their app, just pulged right into ST.

Here are my pistons. I probably only need 1 but I had 2 in the old version of Core that worked.

Any ideas here? I can get the light to go on when I initially arm to Armed/Stay but need a solution to turn it back on when the light goes off which it is hard programmed to do after 20 mins. Thanks.

So the light turns off automatically after 20 minutes without any other input (like webcore or smartapp?). Does the 20 minute timeout reset after setting to ‘on’ even if the light is on already?

if so, i would use a piston like the following:

if SHM status changes to Armed/Stay
then with RGB bulb turn on 100% white
else turn off RGB bulb (or whatever your default need is for the bulb)

in the same piston, a new branch:
only when SHM status is Armed/Stay (you can add time restrictions here as well)
every 18 minutes, with RGB bulb turn on 100% white

if there is a way to manually turn off the light, you can also monitor for that trigger to turn it back on, or it will turn back on after the next 18 minute cycle. you can probably turn the 18 minute cycle down to a few minutes to be more responsive if needed.

Hi all, here is my piston.

The light in the unit turns off after 30 mins. It is not triggered by anything other than that is the way the light works.

What code do I put in to turn it back on as soon as it goes off?

Add the following after your if statement. That should trap when the light turns off and will turn it back on again. You might want to spice it up a bit and add the state of a physical switch as well in case you really do want the light off. :slight_smile:

on events from RGB Bulb 5's switch
do
    if RGB Bulb 5's switch changes to off
    then
        with RGB Bulb 5
        do
            Turn On
        end with;
    end if;
end on;

Appreciate that! How does this look?

Waaaa waaaaah, tested and it didnt work. Can anyone help? The light in the smoke alarm goes off automatically after 30 mins and I cant keep it on in response to SHM status. I’d also like to have it turn off right away when SHM status changes. Thank you!