LIFX bulbs turning on in series and not parallel

Do you have some snazzy way of doing this, or do you code each light bulb separately?

My “snazzy” way to code it, is to code each bulb separately.
(IE: clockwise on a chandelier, left to right on a track runner, or outer lights first and inner lights next etc)

It may be a tad more code in the piston, but the execution is smoother, and I have more control over the results.

I guess my logic is, since SmartThings executes one command after another (sequentially), I may as well be the one deciding which device goes first.

Thanks; I kinda thought it was a dumb question but you seem to come up with some clever ideas so i thought I’d ask :smiley:

For those that may be interested. I figured this out. I just tried this - LIFX Group of Groups @ [RELEASE][UPDATED] LIFX Group of Groups

Took a while to set it up but it seems to do pretty well. I can fade in and fade out as well as control a LIFX group or a bunch of groups with one group (virtual switch). My lights all turn on at once and works well with webcore after I imported them into the service.

Have You tried the Lifx integration with WebCoRE?

Hi @Eric182!

Can you please be more specific?

Do you mean this?

That is the ST integration at least and then added them all to Webcore.

LIFX integration appears to be gone from the "classic" ST app

Go here.

And then here.

Follow the directions to link your LIFX bUlbs Directly to web core. And then you’ll have access to all of the scenes that you set up in the life X app.

Yes sir. I’ve already done that. :slight_smile:

Problem is (at least this is what I’ve found) if I set a scene on a timer say for 10 minutes, and then sometime during that 10 minutes I need the light dimmed more, when the timer activates again, it goes back to the scene settings.

I am sure there is a way around this with more advanced programming skills. Problem is, I don’t have those. :slight_smile:

What I found with the LIFX Group of Groups is working for me. So I think i’ll stick with that until I have more time to dive a little deeper with expressions and all that other dev stuff.

I’m wondering if an ASYNC setting would have turned the lights on at approximately the same time.

ok. I don’t use that DTH for my lifx bulbs. I use Better_lifx_bulb plus. It’s by the same developer.

I think I tried that but it didn’t work. That was with the classic device handler / app I beleive.

Oh, I meant as a piston:

ASYNC Turn on Light 1, Light 2, Light 3, Light 4.

That said, that’s how I send messages to multiple echos, and sometimes they’re almost in sync, and sometimes they’re off by a half or a full second, so it’s not a guarantee. If your method is working, I’d stick with that.

@Mebejedi - AH! I see. I thought I had tried that but now that you mention it maybe I just made the piston ASYNC and not the command. I didn’t know you could do that. Yea, I’ve already put a ton of hours into it and it’s working for me now. I DO appreciate all the help and the additional nuggets of golden information you are sharing. I do have VLC_Things and Bose speakers that I send alerts to. I’ll try using ASYNC on that. Cheers and happy holidays!

Yeah, if you do it to the whole piston, then all the commands in the piston run ASYNC…that could cause problems, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work. I tried to just make the action part of the piston, where it listed the control of my lights to use async. Still turned on one after the other. Bummer

What does your piston look like?

I tried to turn the async on for the RGB bulbs.

The switches are for smart switches that control dumb lights (vanity, closet, etc) in the bathroom.

-W

Just for fun, try putting the lights into device groups, such as this:

If that doesn’t work, you could try ASYNC on the WITH lines

That is just my ignorance on writing code. LOL

Thanks for helping @Mebejedi!!! I’ll give that a shot when I get back from vacation in a few days!

Well, I can’t guarantee it’ll work, but it’s worth a try.

Enjoy your vacation!