Lighting baed on lux value - correct settings help

1) Give a description of the problem
I have two lights in my kitchen, that ideally should turn on when the lux levels goes below a certain treshhold, and off when it goes above a different level. The latter is set to only trigger after five minutes with lux levels above the treshold.

But the issue is that the lights at points randomly turn off, and then back on. I suspect the “turn off” command triggers in a way I’m not quite understanding.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Expected behaviour should be:

Below 55 lux turn on lights
Lux moves above 85 for five minutes, turn off the lights

3) What is happening/not happening?
Lights seem to work normally with tthe expected results most of the time. Then at times with cloudy weather, it seems like the system doesn’t quite work as intended and the lights will turn off, and then quickly turn on.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
|+1ms|╔Received event [Home].time = 1589657922799 with a delay of -691ms|
|—|---|
|+263ms|║RunTime Analysis CS > 65ms > PS > 162ms > PE > 36ms > CE|
|+266ms|║Runtime (39398 bytes) successfully initialized in 162ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (265ms)|
|+267ms|║╔Execution stage started|
|+282ms|║║Comparison (integer) 10 is_less_than_or_equal_to (integer) 55 = true (1ms)|
|+284ms|║║Condition #3 evaluated true (7ms)|
|+285ms|║║Condition group #2 evaluated true (state did not change) (9ms)|
|+288ms|║║Cancelling statement #4’s schedules…|
|+290ms|║║Skipping task 5 because of mode restrictions|
|+294ms|║╚Execution stage complete. (28ms)|
|+296ms|║Setting up scheduled job for Sat, May 16 2020 @ 9:39:12 PM CEST (in 30.396s)|
|+316ms|╚Event processed successfully (316ms)|

It may be that on a cloudy day the ambient light plus the lights you turn on go over the 85lux so then the lights get turned off after 5 minutes which again takes the ambient light down below 55lux and the cycle repeats. Does this should like what is happening? If so, you could look at the weather and if cloudy maybe increase the lux level slightly for the turn off. Or maybe just look at the time and if the lights get turned on during the day (presumably due to clouds), increase the lux level for turning back off.

My two cents?

I recommend keeping your lux sensor (Motion Sensor 2) at least 20-40 feet away from the two bulbs. (ideally, in another room entirely)

That is, unless you want your man-made light to affect the piston.