Lights not turning on when Presence changes to Present

1) Give a description of the problem
I am trying to get a porch light to turn on, which uses a Fibaro switch. I have not managed to get the light to turn on since I moved from the ST Classic App. Apologies if this has been answered already, I cannot seem to find a solution.

The presence sensors are working, as I can create messages that trigger when someone arrives or leaves and these work correctly.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
I have three presence sensors and when any one of them enters the geo-fence, the light to come on, stay on for 20 mins before turning off.

3) What is happening/not happening?
The light does not come on, however looking at the Full logs for this, the piston never seems to trigger. Is there something else I need to do for Presence to be registered by ST and to trigger the piston?

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!
See attached.

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
Only the logs available registering the Presence Sensors. Nothing else confirming the Piston has triggered,

The first thing I would try is:

Time is NOT between sunrise and sunset

Passing over the midnight hour can cause some problems.

I’ll try that and change it up to 23:59. I’m not usually later home than that anyway. Its difficult with it being a presence that I can only test it when I go outside the geo-fence.

Its just frustrating that it worked perfectly under the Classic app

Thank you for your help

Can you switch the light on from the ST app? I’d determine if this is a webcore issue or a device issue first.

I had an issue a while ago where several fibaro smart dimmers stopped responding, I had to remove and re add them to get them to work… It might also be worth checking which DH is being used, originally custom DH were used, but then ST included them.

Yes I can turn it on from the ST app. Also, it turns on when a sensor detects movement so I know that ST can turn the light on via a piston.

I can also make presence fire a message to say someone has arrived.

I just can’t seem to figure out why presence seems to have no effect on the piston for turning the light on. The logs don’t even update to say that the piston has even fired when someone arrives at home.

I have also checked in the IDE and that registers that presence is working with it shwoing Occupied and Unoccupied updates in Events.

For the record, the presence sensors are two Samsung Galaxy phones, S8 and S9.

I have checked the DH. I have no idea where I got it from as I’ve had it in place for a while. There is no version except for Apache 2.0

Do you know where I can get updated DH for Fibaro or where you got yours from?

It sounds as though the device is ok. Is it worth rewriting the piston again, maybe something has happened to it. Sometimes a piston can stop working for no apparent reason. Pausing/resuming or editing may also help.

And try it with just one of the presence devices… maybe one at a time.

I removed the time condition from the script and the light successfully turned on when I arrived at home, while it was still light. According to the logs the piston was triggered from my phone.

So it looks like its something to do with the time condition.

I didn’t try the condition from Sunset to 23:59 from further up the thread, so I’ll try that to see if going into the next day is causing a problem. Goodness knows why that would be though.

Thanks to you all for your continued help with this.

This done the trick, thank you to everyone for their help.

I changed the time from Sunset to 23:59 and the light now turns on when I arrive home