Location desync piston

1) Give a description of the problem
I like using Life360 for my presence sensor but sometimes it screws up and becomes desynced (shows away when I’m home).

2) What is the expected behaviour?
I would like to have a flow that compares both the Life 360 presence to the Smartthings presence sensor for my phone and if one says away and the other says present that if notifies me that corrective action needs to be taken. I would like this to only happen if the presence devices are desynced for more than 5 minutes to avoid erroneous notifications when there’s a slight delay. I’m not sure how to add the 5 minute condition.

3) What is happening/not happening?
If the locations don’t update at the exact same time I get an SMS.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston.

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
N/A

Right now, it looks like you are sending the same message whether synced or desynced. No indication of the logic that gets you to this piston.

Any suggestion for an alternate way to do this?

Unfortunately, it is normal for GPS to jump a bit throughout the day.

Untested, but I would start with this:

IF Sensor 5's presence CHANGES TO not present  <-- Trigger
and
Sensor 4's presence is present                 <-- Condition
Then
    With Location  (TCP set to Never)
    Wait 5 minutes
        IF Sensor 5's presence is not present  <-- Condition
        and
        Sensor 4's presence is present         <-- Condition
            Then Send SMS Notification "Sensor 5 needs examination"
        END IF
END IF

IF Sensor 4's presence CHANGES TO not present  <-- Trigger
and
Sensor 5's presence is present                 <-- Condition
Then
    With Location  (TCP set to Never)
    Wait 5 minutes
        IF Sensor 4's presence is not present  <-- Condition
        and
        Sensor 5's presence is present         <-- Condition
            Then Send SMS Notification "Sensor 4 needs examination"
        END IF
END IF

An alternative method (that I like better) is using a Simulated Switch as a Presence sensor, and only turn it on (present) when both devices are present. Likewise, turn it off when both devices are not present.

Then, all your main pistons can use the SimSwitch state to determine if you are home or not

This isn’t a case of normal flakey gps temporarily jumping around. For example i left last night at 9pm and the life360 registered me as not present… then I came home an hour later and life360 never registered that I was back. 12 hours later I realized that life360 still had me away (since 9pm last night) only because when my wife left Smart Home Monitor armed. Fortunately i have an visual and audiable notification when the system arms. It only happens once in a while and is an easy fix but I’d like some proactive notification that it needs fixing.