Missing Devices

With some help I was able to get SmartThings to see my Kasa TP-Link devices. But webCore does not recognize these devices.

I have a piston where if someone walks into the family room after midnight the front door light comes on for 6 minutes. I want to add turning on the family room lights, ie Lights (like I had in Stringify). Unfortunately webCore does not see “Lights” as an accessible device.

I can control the Kasa wifi controller with ST but webCore does not see it so I cannot add it to my piston.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

TP-Link devices are usually best avoided for inter-connectivity.

That being said, if webCoRE can control the devices separately, then webCoRE should be able to as well. Try sending a single command to a single device. (I seriously doubt a group will work, but individual commands should have a better chance)

are you saying these devices do not show when you open your webcore instance in the ST app and go to settings > available devices and go to select them?

Thanks jkp for the reply.

Correct, my “Lights” device does not show up in settings & available devices for webCore but ST shows it in the “My Home” list of devices… When I go to my piston, “Lights” does not show up as an available device.

It sounds like the “Lights” you are referring to contains more than one device. Can you try looking for the actual name of the real device, and not the name of a group of devices?

I’m not sure if this helps.
I have a fibaro dual switch which does not show up in webcore. I created two virtual switches, and setup a ST automation to switch the fibaro when the virtual switches were operated. Then I used the virtual switches in webcore.

Thanks MCmore for the response.

“Lights” is only one device that controls the lamps on either side of the sofa, no group.

I am a bit confused… Can you elaborate please?

If “Lights” controls lamps on either side of the sofa, then it sounds like a “group” to me. Can you just turn on Sofa1 and Sofa2 instead of trying to trigger the group called “Lights”…?

Sure, so I have one WiFi switch that connects to two lamps, one on each end of the sofa. Since the room is a little dark I need two lamps and did not see the need to use two WiFi switches to control both of them.

This might give you a clue on what to do to get it to show up in WC.