Most (maybe ALL pistons) stopped working

Most (possibly all) pistons have stopped working. Another user posted same issue on Facebook, but he is on Hubitat and I’m on SmartThings. His Pausing, the Resuming pistons fixed his issue but that hasn’t worked for me. I tried Editing/Saving but that hasn’t worked. Devices are working/controllable in ST app. Pictured is an example of just one piston that’s not working:

12/20/2021, 11:12:36 AM +429ms
+0ms	╔Starting piston... (v0.3.113.20210203)
+7272ms	║╔Subscribing to devices...
+7310ms	║║Subscribing to VS-Bedtime.switch...
+7490ms	║║Subscribing to Front Door...
+7491ms	║║Subscribing to Bathroom 2...
+7492ms	║║Subscribing to Den...
+7493ms	║║Subscribing to Dining Room...
+7494ms	║║Subscribing to Downstairs Hall...
+7496ms	║║Subscribing to Foyer...
+7497ms	║║Subscribing to Guest Bathroom 1...
+7498ms	║║Subscribing to Guest Bedroom...
+7499ms	║║Subscribing to Kitchen Counter...
+7500ms	║║Subscribing to Kitchen Flood...
+7501ms	║║Subscribing to Living Room Flood...
+7502ms	║║Subscribing to Reyda Bathrm Sink...
+7503ms	║║Subscribing to Reydas Bedroom...
+7504ms	║║Subscribing to Kitchen Sink...
+7505ms	║║Subscribing to Living Room Lamp...
+7506ms	║║Subscribing to Garage Door MyQ...
+7507ms	║║Subscribing to Apple TV [Harmony Activity]...
+7508ms	║║Subscribing to Fios TV [Harmony Activity]...
+7509ms	║╚Finished subscribing (251ms)
+7570ms	║Comparison (enum) on stays (string) on = true (2ms)
+7584ms	║Comparison (enum) off is (string) on = false (2ms)
+7597ms	║Comparison (enum) off is (string) on = false (2ms)
+7607ms	╚Piston successfully started (7607ms)

I’ve confirmed that Webcore SmartApp has remained turned on within SmartThings.

Thanks for any assistance!

Did you disable webcore in the second screenshot you posted by chance? If you did, you would need to login to IDE, go to Location > smartapps and manually resume each piston in the list.

@jkp, Interesting… thank you. As a troubleshooting step, I probably disabled/re-enabled.

I don’t want to make a mistake here… In pic above, do I hit the gray ‘pause’ icons, or just the blue ones? Do I need to hit the ‘update’?

In this second pic, do I hit the ‘play’ icons?

Yes, click the play buttons next to each piston

Also, I should point out… you may want to start planning on migrating to Routines in the ST app. Webcore will most likely be phased out when groovy is shut down.

@jkp, this looked/sounded so promising… When I clicked the first ‘play’ icon, they all changed to ‘pause’ icons… but the pistons are still not working.

Try pausing/resuming the pistons from the webcore dashboard and give it a bit of time to kick in

What do the blue and gray dots mean? As I began pausing/resuming pistons as suggested, they now appear with these dots.

Untitled4

I believe they indicate recent activity

I’ve paused/resumed all pistons in webcore dashboard. Tested a few, still not working but will try again in a while as you suggested.

@jkp, unfortunately these are still not working, 6 hours later. :cry:

Last tool that I can think to try is the clean up and rebuild data cache for webcore in the ST app. If that does not work, you would require assistance from one of the webcore minions if there are any left using ST.

Thanks for your help… so much appreciated. I guess now I’ll finally have to dig in and figure out the differences between ‘Automations’, ‘Routines’, and ‘Scenes’ in the ST app. :joy: