Motion Triggers Light and Different Motion keeps light on

1) Give a description of the problem
One of two motions sensors will trigger the light to come on. Then the light should remain on as long as a third motion sensor is active.

2) What is the expected behavior?
Keep the light on as long as the third motion sensor is active, then turn off the lights after 2 minutes of inactivity.

3) What is happening/not happening?
I can’t figure out how to add the third motion sensor

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)

Bumping up hoping someone has some ideas.

I’m not clear what you are trying to accomplish, but this is what I think that you mean…

1. Unknown Device 3, 4, 5 are motion sensors. Right?

2. When there is motion on detector 3 or 5, you want to turn on switches 4 and 5, right?

3. Then you said you want the lights to stay on until motion times out on detector 4 (I’m guessing). What happens if there is never motion on 4?

4. You don’t mention it, but you have some timing things going on there. So that, when motion is detected on 3 or 5 AND it is between sunRISE and 10:00 PM, switches 4 and 5 come on (at whatever their previous level was, I assume).

5. Then when motion is detected on 3 or 5 AND it is between 10:00 PM and sunrise, switches 4 and 5 come on at 5%.

In short, you don’t have anything set up to turn off the lights.

1. 3 & 5 are the motion sensors. Motion on either should trigger the lights on. Switch 4 and 5 are the lights that will be turned on when there’s motion on 3 or 5.

2. correct.

3. What is missing is motion sensor “6”. Because I don’t know where to put it in the piston. I want 3 or 5 to trigger the lights, but motion on “6” will keep the lights on. When motion stops on “6” then turn off the lights 2 minutes later.

4. I’ll probably just have them come on at 100%. This is something I know how to do. I just haven’t added that yet.

5. Correct.

6. I’ll want them to turn off after 2 minutes when motion stops on “6”.

I appreciate your help!

Maybe this?

Nice! It looks like that will work. I’ll give it a try tonight and let you know. Thanks!