Multiple device status changes: group notifications

Disregard that ^^ I forgot to add the switch for the timeron variable. Will test this out:

Ok, finally back at the pc for a few. I modified this again to add the restriction on execution of arrival. I still have not tried integrating both arrival and departure though. One thing I did not account for in this piston is if one of the devices depart within the 60 second countdown. Adjust the time to your setup.

Thanks! Trying this out over the next few hours and will write back. Assuming I can copy this piston and change the “off” to “on” to make a separate arrival function.

If you have a chance, can you let me know why you might not use the piston I posted in my previous message? Learning a bunch with these advanced variables and want to avoid using similar logic for other similar pistons, if you think I need to.

The last piston you posted has the trigger waiting for timeron to turn true but it doesn’t have the orange lightning bolt next to it, meaning it’s not subscribed to the variable change event. You can force it to subscribe by clicking the cog (wheel icon) and select always subcribe.

With that said, I’m not sure if line 35 would trigger in the same pass since the piston works from top to bottom. I don’t know if the piston has to complete the execution first before it sees that timeron actually changed to true.

Ok, I tried it out and it appears to marking single departures correctly - haven’t yet been able to test a group of departures tested yet. When you say “One thing I did not account for in this piston is if one of the devices depart within the 60 second countdown” - what do you mean? Is this only limiting this to one departure per 30 seconds?

I copied your piston and changed a few values to create an ARRIVAL version of the piston. It does not appear to be marking arrivals though, even for single arrivals. I just tweaked this now to change Line 22 from OFF to ON, which I previously forgot to do. Does this ARRIVAL piston look correct to you though?

I tried the above and it seems to work for me?

About the “One thing I did not account for in this piston is if one of the devices depart within the 60 second countdown” An example is when 3 people leave within the set amount of time before notification and then one comes back. Ideally, I would like for it to not report on the one that left/back within the time period you specify.

Thanks again eibyer. Will report back as soon as I have tested for a bit.

Looks like this is working as desired! Thank you @eibyer!