My piston is not producing any logs

1) Give a description of the problem
I have logging set to full and my piston is running every hour but it is not producing any logs. Anyone see this before? Does it have to do with the size of my piston (currently 24 chunks but was also not producing logs at 23 chunks). Anything I can try to get it to produce logs again? At a minimum at full logging it should be showing the event that triggered the run and the execution time. I’m getting nothing.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Piston logs activity

3) What is happening/not happening?
Logs are empty

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
48%20AM

I know a large piston will have a limited space available for logs… but I have never seen zero logs getting thru.

Although, in all fairness, if a log has a bunch of data down there, when a new log comes in, the old gets bumped off the bottom.

Since your single execution pulls a crap-load of logs, I wonder if it is possible that a single event may simply be too much to be stored down in the logs…

You can try a lower log level, or you may have to PUSH Notifications for any data that you want to be able to reference later.

Thanks. I had a feeling it might have to do with piston size. I’ll continue to play with it. Would be good at least to confirm when it downloads new data.

Remember, setting logging level to None should still write “Log to console” commands.

pic

Yes, I actually had it set to ‘none’ but upped it to see if I could get anything.

Oooo, if None is failing also, then I don’t know. My log to console commands are typically a sentence or two. If you don’t even have room for that, then I don’t know what to tell you.

(perhaps split it into two pistons?!?)

After a couple failed attempts, I finally managed to split this (again). It is now three pistons: calculations, gauges, and notifications. The notifications uses a few global variables as that makes it self triggering on updates. I will create a new thread and post it once I am sure it is working properly. All the logging is working in these new pistons. thanks,

FYI, in this process I discovered something you may have already known: If you click on a gauge, it is like clicking ‘test’ on the piston. I accidentally discovered this when clicking on my gauge since this piston contains no data on its own and it kept updating my gauge 1 to ‘null’ when I would inadvertently click.